It's finally happening!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MeadowView

Reaction score
It's been seven years since I last had a litter. Seven!

Way back when I did pretty good with my himmies - had a convention win and multiple best in shows - but had to get out due to some family problems. Kept my two most winning bucks and made pets out of them. When they were both gone, I decided I needed rabbits around, I needed that hobby.

It took me a lot of searching, but ultimately I found a buck I had given to a girl in my old 4-h group almost eight years ago. God, I'm getting old - but anyway. I haven't seen his pedigree yet, but I'm about 90% sure he came out of Jack, the rabbit I lost in March. I talked to her mom, who's now charged with taking care of the old man, and on Thursday I took the nicer of my two little does for a sleepover.

I'm stupid excited. I keep looking for early signs of pregnancy - the other day she bit me and I got giddy. :lol: I'm reading too much into this, but I can't help myself. I have a lot of doubts, but I can't help getting my hopes up.

If it took, it's gonna be really difficult to part with any of them.

Cross your fingers for a positive palpate on Monday!

I'm very excited for you!!
I get impatient every litter.... lol :lol:

Himis are a choice I gave my step daughter when she was trying to "Pick" her breed.
She fell in love with a well handled Mini Satin tort Buck, so... I guess we are doing shaded mini satins....lol

SarniaTricia":4otwux19 said:
I'm very excited for you!!
I get impatient every litter.... lol :lol:

Himis are a choice I gave my step daughter when she was trying to "Pick" her breed.
She fell in love with a well handled Mini Satin tort Buck, so... I guess we are doing shaded mini satins....lol

Mini satins are fun too!! I had a red breeding pair as one of my first breeds. They weren't accepted for another two years, so it was really a bad choice for me. :lol: They DO have some of the cutest kits, though, so look forward to that!

I couldn't wait and palpated today. I was thinking today was day eight but it's actually day nine, and once I did the math I was like "Ah, screw it, why not?" Then scoured the forum and read every thread about palpating for all the different techniques, because I've honestly always sucked at it.

BUT I definitely felt something firm and grape sized up near her ribcage. I only found one, but that's not to say that others aren't there. Like I said, I'm terrible at this and it's been years. I'll check again on Monday, like I was originally planning to, and see if I can feel any more.

Back