Surprise Shadeds in a BEW/VM litter

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiny Buns

Reaction score
Helping a friend identify colors in her first bew litter.

Buck is a bew (no ped) and the doe is orange.

So we have one all white (waiting on the eyes to see what color we get)--but the mysterious ones are: 2 lightly shaded (you can just barely see the shaded skirt on them) and then 2 darker shaded (one is very beigey).

Any thoughts?

**Yes she/we know that shaded to vienna is a no no because of the pupil issue...this was a surprise and unintentional

Attachments

• 45.jpg
    45.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 1,860
  • 47.jpg
    47.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 1,860
  • 44 (2).jpg
    44 (2).jpg
    310.7 KB · Views: 1,860
  • 46 (2).jpg
    46 (2).jpg
    343.7 KB · Views: 1,860
  • 48 (2).jpg
    48 (2).jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 1,859
  • 49 (2).jpg
    49 (2).jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 1,859
@TinyBuns, What do you mean shaded to vienna is a no no due to pupil issue? (I am a newbie to this.) <br /><br /> __________ Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:37 am __________ <br /><br /> ...Also, the one beige one looks like it has the markings of a dutch rabbit. I can't tell by this post what breed you have.

CapellaFarm":1rfxeaxd said:
@TinyBuns, What do you mean shaded to vienna is a no no due to pupil issue? (I am a newbie to this.)
Shaded + BEW = ruby-cast funkiness
I don't know where these images came from, they were just saved to my reference folder...
BEW, BEW+Shaded, REW

Attachments

• ruby cast.jpg
    ruby cast.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 1,789
Interesting

You'd expect some agouti based kits from an orange but these are all self

I think you've got two blue torts (which I suspect the mother is) and 2 sallander or sable points which could also be blue/dilute based

They all turned out to be various shades of sable point--some smuttier on the body but looking very shaded.

In my experience, this is called Sallander. It is a "color" I have searched for for years, and finally found at a show last year. Long story short, I have since produced this in my barn, but my guy is chocolate based. I also have two boys I purchased, that are Sallander. One is chocolate based, while the other is like your babies, and also VM.

Latest posts

Back