An opinion on Netherland Dwarf kits?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lpmorgens

Reaction score
Hi. I am trying to decide which kits to keep from my first real set of kits. I tried my best to pose them, and I know often you have to let them grow out, but I can't keep them all. Any help in terms of pointing out ones that look to have potential would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.. Here is the link to the pictures of my kits...

https://sherwoodsrabbitry.wixsite.com/s ... le-bunnies

Measure ears. Any thing near 2.5" inches don't keep. The max per SOP is just that, 2.5". Cut out for any other immediate dqs and severe faults. Thin long bone, thin heads that aren't wide. Check for narrow/pinched hindquarters and chests. I have a feeling most will weed themselves out...

To actually look at them you will need to work with them on posing. Most look really long in their heads, not broad enough either most likely. Just from the pictures there, I'd take a closer look at these ones:

Sherwood's CT1 buck
Sherwood's KZ2 doe
Sherwood's NT2 doe

Thanks. Those are the does who are Netherland Dwarfs, as opposed to my Jersey Wooley. At what age, would you expect the ears to be their adult length? since they are only 6-7 weeks, they may be short now.

Back