Questions to Ask when Buying Rabbits

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He is cute!! I'm not a ND breeder, but to me he looks like he has a good head, good eyes, and good ears. The rest of him looks long though. That is likely why she only sent you the picture of his head :-x He also is probably scared, so he would rather lay close to the ground than pose.

I'm not a ND breeder either, but your girls are stunning to me. He definitely looks really freaked out right now so I'd give him a few days, and then try pictures again. Is his nose wet or does his fur just look like it is? I'm also a bit disappointed that the breeder sent him without giving him a good grooming first. I mean it's not as if it's really mandatory to groom before sale, but you said his nails seemed over due. I always am sure to trim nails, and do other grooming I see fit just before they are due to leave so they can look their best for their new homes. Maybe that's just me though.

TeaTimeBunnies":2zrobnwh said:
I'm not a ND breeder either, but your girls are stunning to me. He definitely looks really freaked out right now so I'd give him a few days, and then try pictures again. Is his nose wet or does his fur just look like it is? I'm also a bit disappointed that the breeder sent him without giving him a good grooming first. I mean it's not as if it's really mandatory to groom before sale, but you said his nails seemed over due. I always am sure to trim nails, and do other grooming I see fit just before they are due to leave so they can look their best for their new homes. Maybe that's just me though.
I always clip nails, brush fur, and wash hind feet if necessary before I sell a rabbit. But I have bought a lot of rabbits that were long overdue for a nail trim. :bunnyhop:

Thanks heaps @Ozarkansas and @Tea TimeBunnies! :)

I think it's pretty normal for breeders around here- especially those with lots of rabbits in more then one breed- to go without trimming any claws for a few months. It's a quick fix though so I'm not complaining too much.

I wouldn't be surprised if his nose was a little wet from stress or something. Or from water- I had a water bottle for him but he only seems to want to drink out of a crock. So hopefully that would explain it...

That's also why I try make it a point to take honest, non angled photos of rabbits I'm selling. There's nothing worse then seeing a stunning looking rabbit in some photos only to pick it up and find it's nothing like the photos! As I have learned many times over, unfortunately.

We've decided to name him 'Teddy', which seems to suit him. Hes a bit of a character! He was only here about an hour before he started shredding his newspaper and chucking his bowls around.

What do you think of him @shazza? @SableSteel?

Latest posts

Back