Last Show for the Season, Southern Colorado

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homer

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
Southern Colorado Rabbits Breeder Association's finale show for 2017 is this Saturday, 9/23/17 at the State Fair grounds in Pueblo. I know for sure there will be eight or nine Flemish Giants there. :twisted: Plenty of E. Lops and F. Lops and more "pocket bunnies" than you can count. (there always are)

I know it's just a week before Convention but come say hi if you're close by. I'll have my R/T sign hanging on a coop. :)

Catalog link;
http://nebula.wsimg.com/46d695fb7db...985F6650F7949E28B&disposition=0&alloworigin=1

PSFAngoras":2jk6os6t said:
...I have nothing to show (everybunny is naked) ...

I know what you mean, most of mine look they were put in the cloths dryer with a couple tennis shoes. I'm bring a few and Frank is coming from Elbert with some of theirs. Kind of a bad time of year for a show. :(

PSFAngoras":2jk6os6t said:
I'll see if DH will let me come... he's cracking the whip since we're behind on firewood for the year. :(

Tell him to go get a firewood processor and have fun. LOL

https://youtu.be/OrAYMkf1AF8

I want one!

He does have a firewood processor, it's 5'3" about 140, and covered in bruises from last week's haul! We fell and blocked 4 cords Saturday. Still tired, but at least that much is done.

Was kinda hoping for a show report. Pueblo was a bit too much of a drive for me, but I'm planning to go to the one in Castle Rock in November for my first show.

duxthe1":22lk66yq said:
Was kinda hoping for a show report. Pueblo was a bit too much of a drive for me, but I'm planning to go to the one in Castle Rock in November for my first show.

Wouldn't know what is "to much of a drive" for you as there is no location in your profile. Checked your site and Likedin and it sounds like you're in North Carolina so guess that is a bit for a one day show.

Hope you have something better to do in November as the C.R. shows are nothing to right home about, I won't be there this time.

The show went fine in Pueblo. I got best opposite sex in the "A" show with my buck and best of breed in the "B" show with my Doe. Beat a friend that bought a buck (from me) from the same litter that he's sending it to the Nationals tomorrow. Giants are a blast but, a lot of work if you're breeding and showing the little porkers.

Oh yeah, Pueblo is only 90 miles south of Castle Rock. ;) You from the front range?

Congrats on the show placement!! Wish I could have been there. Is castle rock really that bad? I was planning on going /showing / selling the current litters, but if it's that bad maybe I won't. Then again the further north you go in the state, the more fuzzy breeders... ugh, decisions

Last I checked they didn't even have the show catalog available.

Kudos on doing so well at the show!

I'm from just south of Denver in Englewood. There is a Floppy Hat Farms in NC but we are Floppy Hat Farm in Englewood, CO. We're just an urban farm and backyard plant nursery.

The Castle Rock show would be a relatively short drive, and I'm thinking about bringing my buck, Clyde Frog. I'm not really interested in having him place, I'd just like to have him judged. He's 1/2 of my genetics and I'd like to know his strengths and weaknesses.

duxthe1":2oy1yeek said:
Kudos on doing so well at the show!
I'm from just south of Denver in Englewood. There is a Floppy Hat Farms in NC but we are Floppy Hat Farm in Englewood, CO. We're just an urban farm and backyard plant nursery.

Thanks. We use to live in Wheat Ridge many moons ago. Moved to Pueblo about 25 years ago.

Guess Google led me astray when I tried to figure out who F.H.F. was. :oops: Don't recall Englewood showing up.

PSFAngoras":2oy1yeek said:
Congrats on the show placement!! Wish I could have been there. Is castle rock really that bad? I was planning on going /showing / selling the current litters, but if it's that bad maybe I won't. Then again the further north you go in the state, the more fuzzy breeders... ugh, decisions

Last I checked they didn't even have the show catalog available.

Thanks PSF. Wish you could have made it too. That way there would have been 3 sane people there. :lol: While I hate waiting for my breed to come up on the table people watching is rather entertaining here to say the least.

Oh, I did see your friend and her mom, (from Florence I think), that raises SF. They just came to look, didn't show and asked if I had seen you. Told them nope, figured you were being a Lumberjill again helping hubby gather firewood again.
7417aea2cffad6dbd7c88513e7993f6b--stihl-chainsaw-husqvarna.jpg

Castle Rock,,,not me again. I thought Pueblo was disorganized in the way they ran a show but yes, it can be worse. Much worse! Went a year ago and they couldn't get it together and progress the show along. Didn't get my breed done till 5:00 PM :evil: and I was one of the first up in the second show. Turned me off!

Frank took his Flemish there this spring and it was worse! He was the first breed up in the second show and didn't get done till 11:00 PM with them!!! :x no thanks you can have Castle Rock. If I were you I'd just take some up to try and sell and leave when you're ready. Maybe just do the "A" show if you want to put your hat in the ring.

11pm?! Heck no!!!

If I do decide to go I'll just take your suggestion of only showing for show A and then leave, and that only if I have kits to sell. I doubt I'll have many showable rabbits with my does all coming up to breeding age. Probably just wait for the January show in Henderson.

We got all of my mom's firewood for the year knocked out, split, stacked and all. Just need a cord more for DH and I, and we're helping his parents cut/ split a cord for a family friend, and we're done!! Woot! I love cutting firewood really, but getting four cords in a day is a little much!!

Too bad you ladies weren't there. There were probably 20 F.A. showing. Never seen so many in Pueblo.

Plan for Reno, May? Shoot, I can't even plan for next week! :p Keep bugging us and maybe I can pull off a trip.

Unfortunately May is the busy season for me at work. I pretty much have little to no funndays between march and May. Worth it for the time off the rest of the year, but it gets pretty hectic.

I might be going to Reno in May. It depends on what my spring class schedule looks like; and if I have any finals that friday or monday.

Homer, you do realize that SixGuns is speaking of West Coast Classic?!? It is in May this year and will go back to April next year.

How can you miss what amounts to almost a mini ARBA Convention?

I will be there! Wouldn't miss it!

MamaSheepdog":3c55gdzp said:
Homer, you do realize that SixGuns is speaking of West Coast Classic?!? It is in May this year and will go back to April next year.

How can you miss what amounts to almost a mini ARBA Convention?

I will be there! Wouldn't miss it!

Really? :nana: I guess someone from Colorado should probably come then to show you what real rabbits look like. :p

Are you a member here? We never seem to see you anymore unless someone posts about toys then... :pokeeye:

I put it in my online calendar for a reminder first part of April to see if it will happen. We have some very nice Jackrabbits (19 and 20 pounds) right now from one of the does I saved from my formula hand feeding experiment. Hope to see you there!

edit: Forgot to tell you, one from that litter just left for Indy. (a black buck) The owner has been kicking everyone's tail he has shown against. Already has four legs and is registered.

Hah! "Real rabbits" indeed. Did you switch breeds or something? :thinking:

Congrats on saving your litter and doing it so well that you actually grew one out well enough to send it to Indy. Amazing.
:bow:

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but Homer did you really hand raise bunnies good enough to go to convention?!? I have tried hand raising a few litters, it never works very well....

MamaSheepdog":m9q596t9 said:
Hah! "Real rabbits" indeed. Did you switch breeds or something? :thinking:

Congrats on saving your litter and doing it so well that you actually grew one out well enough to send it to Indy. Amazing.
:bow:
Actually, I beat the one that went to Indy with his sister last weekend. :D You know, just one of those jackrabbits. :lol: <br /><br /> __________ Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:42 pm __________ <br /><br />
Ozarkansas":m9q596t9 said:
I don't mean to hijack the thread, but Homer did you really hand raise bunnies good enough to go to convention?!? I have tried hand raising a few litters, it never works very well....
I did. It was the offspring of some I hand raised awhile back. Their grandma was a real giant (21 pounds) but when she had these kits broke her back...You can read all about how I did it here; http://rabbittalk.com/updated-hand-feeding-formula-t27372.html.

Latest posts

Back