Scales

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jsauceman

Reaction score
Hello. New user here. I invested in a small meat herd for personal use and accidentally stumbled on a restaurant buyer. My main question is about a scale to determine the weight. Is there any particular type that would be recommended by current growers. I have found two different types at Walmart . Com website that look promising. One is a baby scale similar to what you would find in a doctors office and the other is a digital bathroom type scale. Any suggestions or advice is appreciated.

We will be selling cleaned carcass. The chef asked what the approximate weight would be. I was thinking something like the babybscale would be ideal to use on processed rabbits as well as monitoring litter growth. The fishing scale would be a good idea to measure hanging weight similar to how larger livestock is weighed. Never thought of using one of those. Thanks for the idea.

You probably have already done this, but if you haven't, you need to check and make sure it's legal to sell to a restaurant if your meat is self processed. In Oklahoma, I can sell directly from my farm to the consumer but I can't sell to restaurants or stores unless the meat is processed in a fda inspected facility.

Back