Funny pet escapes- true stories!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olafthebunny

Reaction score
HELLLLLLLOOOOOO! :D
Here's some funny pet escape stories to bring a smile to every one's face :D
Well a few days ago my sis ( Little Fluffy Bunnies) walked into our room...with the door open mind you....to find Olaf OUT OF HIS CAGE running around. and we have DOGS that have EATEN BABY BUNNIES before.....don't know how he survived!

When I was younger, we had hamsters. They were our first ever small pets and we still lived in america. Our one hamster, a boy was named Eli. He was a brown and white banded syrian. Well any who, he lived up stairs in his cage, on a shelf. One night, my dad was closing the baby gate to upstairs and he saw our dog, chasing something. At once he thought " Oh! a Zhu Zhu pet!" ( btw a zhu zhu pet for those who don't know is a robot hamster ;) ) Then the ' zhu zhu pet' ran up the stairs. Nope, not a zhu zhu pet! It was Eli :lol: Luckily he survived.

Another past hamster story.....we had a female hammy the same time we had Eli, and this lady was quite the character. Big, fat, and fuzzy brown Emma was an escape artist al right! So one night, my mom heard a scratching sound....and she couldn't find Emma. So she looked all over and finally found her....IN A BAG OF COTTON. yes A BAG OF COTTON. just burrowing around. lol :lol:

Once again, another hammy story, don't worry, last one! So soon after Emma and Eli died I got another hamster named Stormie. He was so tame that when you put him down he wouldn't move. He was incredible and I still miss him. But....anyways, once I was playing ' shops' with my little sis and I was of course, the pet store. I wanted a real pet in the game so I put Stormie in a hamster ball, screwed the lid on and left the room. when I came back....HE WAS GONE! Nowhere to be seen. OUT OF THE BALL!
So i looked everywhere and couldn't find him. Until I looked under my bed. Now, on the side of my bed, the end of my bed, I had a wooden doll house. so I looked under the bed and still didn't see him...wait...HE WAS SITTING ON THE UPPER FLOOR OF THE DOLL HOUSE ENJOYING HIMSELF AND LOOKING AT ME LIKE ' HEY MOM, JUST ENJOYING MY NEW HOUSE, WHAT U UP 2?"
I laughed so hard. :lol:

Okay, so we had a dog..... A HORRIBLE DOG WHO LIKED TO ESCAPE BUT WAS STILL CUTE named Molly. and this dog could ESCAPE. Like really, REALLY good. so once she ran all the way from our house to sonic. like miles and miles away. and my mom and dad had to WALK to get her. also she ran away from our house, past a street, across the busy road, through a gas station and then to a inn/hotel apartment kinda place. and we had to walk the whole way through, around and around this un known area to find our crazy dog. oh dear.

So you know LFB's doe named Lady Galadreil? well one day,she was gone on a sleep over and it was my job to exercise her.....so i did. i put her on the lead and ran her in the yard...until she pulled herself loose from my hand and was running through the yard. I thought I would never catch her and my big sis would KILL ME. but then a miracle happened. her lead got stuck on A SUPER TINY LITTLE TWIG POKING OUT OF THE GROUND IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE. it was incredible. a gift from God. AMAZZINNNNGGGG. :eek: I was so happy.....but was crying because I thought i had lost LFB's special doe..... :lol:

Last one, everyone! so awhile ago i was coming from inside, knowing Olaf was in his cage, the door locked , enjoying his food, to find a certain, fluffy white buck hopping to greet me from the HALLWAY. not in my room in his locked cage. IN THE HALLWAY.
he does this all the time and I have no idea how.

anyways, hope these stories made you laugh or at least smile! :D have a great day! and everyone in Florida, stay safe!
please everyone pray for Florida :( and all the islands that got wiped out and also for Houston and the mud slide that happened somewhere too!

I don't really have any funny escape stories, because I am more like your sister. You know, I have valuable rabbits, and when they escape it's NOT funny ;) But my baby Americans are super friendly escape artists. And there has been several mornings when I have looked our the window to see 1-8 little blue bunnies having the time of their life! The funny part? When I go to "catch" them they run towards me, and fight over who gets "cought" first :pancake: :lol: :lol:

So when I was 8 I got a bearded dragon for my birthday. He lives a full, happy life, and we were inseparable. I mean INSEPARABLE. He got to travel with us on our vacations, because he'd try and starve himself if I was gone for note that 3 days. Anyway, by the time I was about 10 or 12 we had grown a really strong emotional bond with each other. Well like almost every lizard does, he pooed in his water a lot. One day while I was cleaning his water dish I had left the lid off his enclosure. When I got back I noticed that I had forgotten to put the lid back on, but didn't think anything of it because it had happened before and he normally just stayed on his favorite branch. Well when I put the water dish back I decided to look for him so we could go outside and share some snap peas my mom had grown, except I didn't see him in his enclosure. I immediately panicked and started searching everywhere I could think, while struggling with tears. I'm going to pause for a moment to give a brief description of my room at the time. It was a small bedroom and one wall had much bunk bed with a trendle as the bottom bunk so it pulled out like a drawer, then the wall to the right of that had my window and a bookshelf, tho the right of that was my dresser and his enclosure, then to the right was my closet and a little cubby that attached to the other wall with my bed and door, and for the age I was the floor was a bit messy. Now back to the story, I looked everywhere I could think. In my closet, under my dresser, through my bookshelf, in my laundry basket, and around my bed. No where to be seen. I sat in the middle of the floor and cried, until I noticed that there was a shoe box that led to the handle curve of the bottom bunk. I figured that it wouldn't hurt to look there too since I had already spent an hour looking everywhere else. So I cleared stuff out of the way, and pulled out the bottom bunk of my bed. Sure enough he had spent the whole time napping on the bed. I was so upset and happy at the same time. I didn't really know what to do, so I just woke him up and we went and watched cartoons while I calmed down

I have two growout does that keep escaping the fence (they have free run of the garden while I'm at work), the locals know them by now, but I'm still get addressed by strangers that they saw bunnys running loose in the wood and meadows. No problem, when I come home from work they either are inside the fence anyway, or wait outside to be carried in (they escape through the river, and prefer staying dry getting home)

One of those has a h-shaped pattern on her back, of course that earned her the name Houdini. Bad thing giving growouts names*sigh*

The other story is about the very first litter my Black Fury had, 2 of 5 does escaped, found a wild Romeo, and lived happily (for min. 4years, I moved away then) as mascotts in the building rubble recycling plant next to my appartment, with lots of offspring and being fed by the employees.

Attachments

• Houdini1.JPG
    Houdini1.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 1,043
Back