Off and on ear wax?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olafthebunny

Reaction score
Hey!
So Olaf has a little bit of wax in his ears. He gets it off and on sometimes. It had gone away about a month and half ago after being there for 5 days. Now it's back. I know ear wax most of the time means ear mites, but does only a little bit mean that?
I've been keeping an eye on his ears and it's been there for about almost a week now. The amount hasn't grown at all.
Is a little bit of it normal? Not stressing out ( yet :lol: ) but just wondering. It's kinda weird since it goes away and then comes back. Please let me know!

My experience is that yes it does mean that. I would just swab his ears with some kind of oil gently, from what i have heard you dont even want to scrape it out or anything. So I just put the oil in and it suffocates them. We are very humid and moist and have lots of bugs in TX, so its not unusual for our buns to have that occasionally either.

Ack okay :eek: LFB ( my big sis ) just told me what to do and all about it so am starting treating it now. Threw out all of his cardboard toys that he uses and lays on a lot, and also washing plastic toys, fleece items, and his cage today as soon as possible. also.....ew. he shakes his head on me all the time which means he is putting MITES ALL OVER ME EW DISGUSTING.

Latest posts

Back