Register

I am SO hopping mad!!!

A place to vent about what's bugging you. Please keep it civil.
1 year of membership
United States of America Female
BunnyBucks: 2,751.00

I am SO hopping mad!!!

Post Number:#1  Unread postby TeaTimeBunnies » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:02 am

Okay, the issue is over, and the end was happy, but I still need to rant a bit because my mind still hasn't ended it. So I've mentioned the girl I've sold a rabbit too before about a few concerns I had, but those we're all sorted out. Well same girl and same rabbit, but different people who caused a big uproar. Ok so a bit of back story first. The rabbit some how got loose, but no one can figure out how. I even scoured over the hutch and nit picked at ANY questionable areas I found while thinking about the hutch set up from a rabbits point of view, but even I don't know how she got out. I found no way of her getting out on her own, and I know that the door was not left open, because they had not touched the hutch when I was there. They were focused on getting the rabbit back. So we are all left to just questioning possibilities (to which I suggested them getting pad locks). Now, all the neighborhood kids are friends, and all know me and my rabbits and who has what rabbits in the neighborhood. Well as I said, the girl's rabbit somehow got loose, and a group of the kids saw her. They recognized her and managed to catch her, and were about to take her back to her home when a woman came up to them, snatched the rabbit from the boy who was holding her, and shouted that the rabbit belonged to her neighbor, and they shouldn't be taking the rabbit anywhere, ect. The woman then started walking to were I live and then went to her home. Meanwhile I was out grocery shopping when all of this happened. Now those kids immediately found the girl, told her, and told her parents everything that had happened. The girl came to my home hoping that the woman had given me the rabbit while her parents went to confront the woman. I got back minutes after the girl had left, but one of the other kids came and told me. Now since I have plenty of papers to prove who the right full owner of this rabbit is, I decided to help and had the kid lead me where I needed to go. The kid brought me to the girl's parents who were just about to leave the houses where the kids saw the woman go. I told them what I have and that I will help them however I can, and then I went to the children to try and figure out what had happened. Now, if any of y'all don't know upset children are bad at telling lies, and groups of children are bad at telling lies. I went to a group of 8-10 VERY upset children and got the EXACT same story from ALL of the (with a few swapping words that mean the same thing such as "they" and "them" or "her" for the rabbits name), so I absolutely believe that they were all telling me the truth. Then an elderly woman, who the children identified as the rabbit snatcher, and her neighbor, about a middle-aged man, started to walk over when the neighbor got home (probably lucky for me this is when my fiance showed up because I'm rather small and am often not taken seriously without him behind me because of his large stature). I could tell that the man had just been dragged into this whole mess and just wanted it all to end as easily as possible by his behavior. He told me his wife had put the rabbit into a small cage for the time being, and I believe the elderly woman (his neighbor) asked them too. Now I was asked if the rabbit was mine and I said "No, but I am the one who sold her. So I know where she belongs" it was good enough for him and he took me to get the rabbit so I could return her. The elderly woman though decided to yell at me for the girl's parents coming to her door, and that I should check who I'M accusing before beating on people's doors, and that if I ever accused her of anything again she'd get police involved, because she leaves people alone and would like to be left alone, and that if this all happens because of her trying to help a rabbit she's never going to help again, and just let the animal die. I (through gritting teeth) told her very politely that I did not go to her door and bother her, and that I was simply there to help get this rabbit back where she belongs. The woman then started with how I should tell THEM that if they come to her door again she'll get them arrested, and so on and so forth. I eventually blocked her out because I was more concerned about the rabbit getting back to her 8 year old owner who was in tears about having her rabbit taken. I'm happy to have gotten the girl her rabbit back, but I'm still so pissed off about this woman verbally attacking me because I was there. I will also say that I never met this woman before so we have no history together. There are things I wish I had said to her in my own defence, and there are a lot of things I wanted to say at the time, but I'm glad I bit my tongue instead.
I breed English spot, Mini Rex, Lop mix, Dwarf mix, And Meat mutts
https://teatimebunnies.wordpress.com/

1 year of membership
Canada Female
BunnyBucks: 2,740.00

Re: I am SO hopping mad!!!

Post Number:#2  Unread postby KimitsuKouseki » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:49 am

That old woman sounds like a crazy person with probable dementia issues. It's odd how the rabbit just got out like that, from the sound of it your neighborhood as some issues with that. They'll definetly need a padlock or bring the rabbit inside with an indoor cage.

BunnyBucks: 1,636.00

Post Number:#3  Unread postby Ozarkansas » Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:33 am

Here's an adorable bunny picture. They make everybunny feel better!
Ozarkansas Rabbit Farms
Raising quality purebred Americans, Beverens, Dutch, and Palominos for meat, show, and pet.
htpp://www.ozarkansasrabbits.com

Site Supporter
6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 4,837.00

Post Number:#4  Unread postby faiththequeen » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:34 am

Well, I'm glad it was fairly quickly resolved. Unfortunately, sometimes all you can do with certain kinds of people is roll your eyes and move on. :roll: Hopefully you won't have anymore trouble with her.
Faith the Queen :king:

1 year of membership
BunnyBucks: 2,751.00

Post Number:#5  Unread postby TeaTimeBunnies » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:44 am

Ozarkansas wrote:Here's an adorable bunny picture. They make everybunny feel better!

O.M.GOODNESS. SO CUTE!!! I'll admit that I did hold one of my babies to calm myself down afterwards. I hope I dont have to deal with her again either. I was just so upset by her going after me because I was there. I don't know what the girl's parents said to her, but I do know that they were fuming about it, and also was ready to get law involved if it wasn't resolved quickly. They were happy to have me on their side, and I don't know, but maybe that is at least partially why the woman came after me. I don't know, but at least it's over, and it ended with the girl getting her rabbit back
I breed English spot, Mini Rex, Lop mix, Dwarf mix, And Meat mutts
https://teatimebunnies.wordpress.com/

BunnyBucks: 1,636.00

Post Number:#6  Unread postby Ozarkansas » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:56 am

TeaTimeBunnies wrote:
Ozarkansas wrote:Here's an adorable bunny picture. They make everybunny feel better!

O.M.GOODNESS. SO CUTE!!! I'll admit that I did hold one of my babies to calm myself down afterwards. I hope I dont have to deal with her again either. I was just so upset by her going after me because I was there. I don't know what the girl's parents said to her, but I do know that they were fuming about it, and also was ready to get law involved if it wasn't resolved quickly. They were happy to have me on their side, and I don't know, but maybe that is at least partially why the woman came after me. I don't know, but at least it's over, and it ended with the girl getting her rabbit back

Don't let their looks fool you, these were some of the most high strung little fur-balls I ever had! Next to their half siblings (same very calm mother) :lol: They are adorable in pictures though :D
Ozarkansas Rabbit Farms
Raising quality purebred Americans, Beverens, Dutch, and Palominos for meat, show, and pet.
htpp://www.ozarkansasrabbits.com