How I skin my rabbits

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KimitsuKouseki

Reaction score
Since I started raising rabbits, to me, it's become very important to keep the skin whole and as undamaged as possible. Each rabbit will eventually become a plushie allowing it to have a sort of second life and have another chance at finding a familly and receiving love. I know it sounds weird, but it's important to me.

Many people kept asking how I did it so here is a video, I know it's not the best and was filmed very poorly, I'm not used to filming myself or anything really, but I hope it was still usefull.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC0XHegefK4[/youtube]

Edit : Thank you guys for the comments glad to know the video was worth making ^^
One thing I forgot to say in the video is concerning when I cut the skin, you can notice how I use the blade only by pushing it in a way that'll cut the skin. If I used them as scisors in those instances it would also trim the fur making the seams visible later on wich is undesirable.

Thank you so much! I will refer to this so often before I even skin my first rabbit! XD

Very nice! I enjoyed watching it.

Yesterday I had to put one of my does down so was doing her in my normal way but thought of you when I got to her head. I skin out the back legs and then hang them up so I suddenly thought, how much of the head can I do? Turns out all of it. :shock:

Have you ever tried hanging them when you get to the head?

GBov":3chgn1kr said:
Very nice! I enjoyed watching it.

Yesterday I had to put one of my does down so was doing her in my normal way but thought of you when I got to her head. I skin out the back legs and then hang them up so I suddenly thought, how much of the head can I do? Turns out all of it. :shock:

Have you ever tried hanging them when you get to the head?
Glad my video could help ^^

As for hanging, no I do not hang my rabbits when skinning. Since I do it on the kitchen counter theres nothing to set it up rly, but I dont mind, I like how stable it make the carcass be since it's laying on the counter.

Latest posts

Back