Beverens??

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are very rare, not just in your area. They are an old breed of rabbit; a hardy, heritage breed. They aren't quite as good for meat (not bad, but thicker fur and bone than others) and most the people that have them raise them for show. I would advise against crossing the colors. They don't really have any special care problems, and are pretty good mothers from what I've heard. They're supposed to have a good temperament and most that I've seen do have a calm temperament, but I've also met a few nasty ones out there, not really any in between, so I'd check on that.
https://www.conkberry.com/archive/2017/ ... en-rabbits

If you are looking for Beverens you might want to try Trickster Hares Farm. She is in California, but has been sending Beverens all over the country!
I raise Beverens and love them! They grow really well as meat rabbits, but because they are mandolin type you get less leg meat and longer loin. As far as personality goes, mine are super friendly, they will even follow me around the rabbitry! They are active though, so they are not a big fan of being cuddled or held for long periods of time. They are also great mothers!

Back