Pregnant doe, day 32, no nesting at all!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My 8 month old French Lop doe was due yesterday, no signs of labor at all, but she's lying down a lot and only gets up when I approach the cage with some treats. I've given her some raspberry leaf, so I'm hoping tonight or the morning.

You can see some photos and a video on my instagram: https://www.instagram.com/frostyandwillow

Is she for sure pregnant? My does become rather rotound when they are and by day 28+ they're obviously ready to blow... but they have 8+ babies each time.

That's the thing, I'm not a hundred percent sure, I had a breeder look at some videos of her belly and they said they could see baby movements. She takes little interest in the nesting materials, she digs, pushes and chews it up.

I've had a first-time doe build a nest after she gave birth. She may be pregnant and the hormones just aren't kicking in yet - especially if she's a first-timer.

Thanks for all your advice guys, I'll keep you updated on her progress. She's a first timer too. I still see movement in her belly, I put my hand on her side and felt some of it as well. She's done some work in the nesting area, its gone untouched since. She did a lot of digging of paper, straw and hay. Hopefully tonight/tomorrow morning? I should stop checking her so often and hovering, I just worry easily. :(

I have a doe that consistently gives birth on day 33(sometimes even day 34), and she doesn't nest until a few hours before she gives birth. I wouldn't worry yet, just keep an eye on her.

I'll give her till day 35 (Friday), though she keeps lying down with her tummy slightly off the ground. I'm getting really worried, would it be a good idea to phone a vet tomorrow?

I wouldn't panic yet. If you want to call the vet that's fine, but I personally wouldn't want to stress her unless necessary, if she is pregnant. If she doesn't seem to be in any distress, I would wait. if she seems to be in pain, is straining, or otherwise is abnormal, or if she doesn't kindle by day 35, than calling the vet would be wise.

Thanks both of you! I'll definitely keep you all updated whether she kindles.

UPDATE
She's made some sort of "nest", straw at the bottom and ripped up paper, looks like it hasn't been disturbed for sometime. Fingers crossed!!

Nope, still nothing, she's still acting like her normal self, going to take her to the vet on Monday, just to get her checked out, if she's not pregnant, then I'll try again.

Latest posts

Back