False Dwarf

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lpmorgens

Reaction score
My Netherland Dwarf weighs 2lb, 14 oz. Would that be a false dwarf. I couldn't find anything on the average True Dwarf weight and average False Dwarf weight. Thanks.

Attachments

• Arrow smaller.jpg
    Arrow smaller.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 1,215
False dwarfs are much bigger, talking 2+ pounds bigger. They are also different in looks. Do you have a picture?

I doubt the one you have is a false dwarf, just a larger dwarf. Sizes can range greatly even with "true" dwarfs.

True dwarfs can range anywhere from (usually) 1.5-3 lbs. False dwarfs can range from 2.5-3.5 lbs. It could be either. Pictures would be helpful looking at the ears and build is more sure way of telling if they're a false dwarf at that size

Looks like a typical pet here, dwarf. The head is not as rounded as a show dwarf would be though. Cute pet :) Ears are small and body's proportionate, nothing that screams false dwarf to me. But how old? If this is a youngster (3 months to 5 months), then probably is.

For clarification, I wasn't meaning 2lbs+ bigger, that was in reference of what you'd posted for weight (false dwarfs being 3 to 5lbs even with Netherland Dwarfs depending upon line). Show dwarfs average about 2lbs, I've seen a some under. Max show weight is 2 1/2 pounds.

Is it pedigreed? Are you sure it's a netherland dwarf? If you're sure it's a dwarf, then it would be a false dwarf, but it almost looks like a BEW polish

Back