Register

My best friend is in coma.

A place to vent about what's bugging you. Please keep it civil.
Site Supporter
3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Austria
BunnyBucks: 3,718.00

My best friend is in coma.

Post Number:#1  Unread postby Preitler » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:19 am

I don't have many friends, very few indeed, now Gertrude is in artificial coma after her heart stopped and she got revived.
She had a very weak heart for 2 decades now, since she was run over by a car.

She was my neighbour at my last rented apartment, we kept chickens together and it was her who taught me how to butcher chickens and rabbits, if there had not been a whole generation between us (Her youngest daughter is my age) she might have been the woman I would have married...
. Tomorrow I'm going to pick up her dog, Gina. Tanja, her daughter, now living in my former apartment, is brave, calm. On the phone, at least.

:cry:
"Sometimes I stand by the door and look into the darkness, then I am reminded how dearly I cherish my boredom, and what a precious commodity is so much misery"

Site Admin
8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Canada Female
BunnyBucks: 58,838.00

Re: My best friend is in coma.

Post Number:#2  Unread postby MaggieJ » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:31 am

I'm so very sorry to hear this, Preitler. It's a sad and anxious time for both you and her daughter. I'll be keeping you all in my thoughts and hoping for a full recovery for Gertrude. (((HUGS)))

1 year of membership
United States of America
BunnyBucks: 2,451.00

Post Number:#3  Unread postby Nymphadora » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:36 pm

I can't imagine how difficult it must be to have such a close friend in such a precarious situation. I truly hope for all the best, I'll be keeping you in mind. My husband and I have a habit of befriending older couples as well, and we've learned a great number of life skills from them. I think having friends across various generations is wonderful, and I wish your friend well. It's good to hear that you and her daughter are supporting each other through this.
:encourage:

Site Supporter
BunnyBucks: 14,150.00

Post Number:#4  Unread postby alforddm » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:55 pm

I will pray for her.

Site Supporter
Austria
BunnyBucks: 3,718.00

Post Number:#5  Unread postby Preitler » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:45 am

Thanks.
I just needed to vent somewhere. Well, doctors are optimistic, but there isn't much they can say until they wake her up. Good thing was that it happend right in front of the supermarket where her daughter works, so she got help fast, but it took 2 1/2 hours to stabilize her for transport.

Today morning I fetched her dog Gina since her daughter cant care for her, her own dog just had cancer surgery and the dogs don't get along anyway. That's going to be interesting since my buck lives in my house too, he bolts when he sees her, but isn't freaked out, didn't even stomp at all. Gina, thank god, just completly ignores the rabbit.
"Sometimes I stand by the door and look into the darkness, then I am reminded how dearly I cherish my boredom, and what a precious commodity is so much misery"

Site Admin
8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Canada Female
BunnyBucks: 58,838.00

Post Number:#6  Unread postby MaggieJ » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:18 am

It's a good sign that the doctors are optimistic. And getting help fast really increases the chances of a good recovery. Hang in there, Preitler. And please update us when you have news.