RIP computer, overbaked buns, and other tidbits

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nyctra

Reaction score
My computer went through a lengthy and depressing dying process, and the constant fear of it crashing and never turning back on scared me into an unproductive blob-like state of anxiety. Between crashes, I managed to get most of my stuff moved to an external hard drive, and eventually on to another computer. Finally managed to get my tablet functioning properly last night, so that's a relief. The art programs I use are a bit fussy on this computer :cry: but nothing I can't learn to cope with. Sure is a scary thing to realize I don't remember half my passwords. :p

In between fussing with the constantly-crashing computer, rescuing my files, and whining miserably into my pillows, I've thankfully had some adorable baby bunnies to cuddle and soothe my nerves.

3 days overdue, I got a whole TWO scrumptious little nuggets! They were born furry, and their eyes opened on their Day 6!
More mini rex / angora, because it was the only possible pair that cared to get anything "done" just before a period of 100* days. Figures. The otter is my favorite. She reminds me of a tiny furry orca!
I'd lost hope of getting a live litter to show my grandma (who I hadn't seen in 10+ years!) and literally as she got to town, my doe finally kindled! My overbaked buns were still fresh and soggy when Grandma got here! :in_love:
They're a couple weeks old now, and getting cuter every day, just as bunnies should. :D
IMG_8014.jpg
IMG_8217.jpg

Due tomorrow, I should have some F2 angora/champagne mixes. It's been really hot, so I'm crossing my fingers it goes smoothly. Hoping for a fluffy buck from that, because I'm not allowed to bring in a new buck. :roll: And even if I'm not breeding them real seriously, I'd still like to have one on hand, since I lost my starter Angora buck to bad feed a few months back. :(

My silver fox should be ready to go about any time now. It's just been too hot to try, and I need to space out my litters a little. I don't get to breed 2-3 litters a month like I used to. :cry:

In other news, my mini rex never fails to amuse me with his heavy molts! :lol:
IMG_8321.jpg

Also I tried that cool editing technique where you put a scene inside an animal's silhouette. :oops: I think it turned out kinda neat.
double-photo-overlay-icon.jpg

And that's about it for bunny stuff from me for now. :pancake: Everybun's barely managing to handle the heat here...hope everyone else's are fairing alright!

Computer issues are a royale pain !!! My sincere sympathies !! We seem to lurch from one issue to the next here. :/
Congratulations on the new bunnies. They help a bit with the other issues.
Really like the scene in the rabbit concept. Has lots of possibilities !

I just hope this other desktop holds up for me. :x

Angora and rex genes are recessives on different loci, so the F1 crosses are just normal coats. This is a chocolate torted otter that came from the last litter.
The litter, by the way, had far better growth rate, feed conversion, and dressout% than the rabbits I've been putting up with for the past couple years. Not sure if it was the bricky Mini Rex blood or fodder or both, but I'm happy with how they turned out. I have my bricky Silver Fox now, but still tempted to hang on to the choc fox bunny. :oops: She's awful pretty.
IMG_7788.jpg

The kits from last night...the little buck got scared of his own shadow, and had to lean over to investigate. :D
IMG_8418.jpg

Otter butt!
IMG_8409.jpg

The bunnies are adorable.

I'm sorry about your computer, did you lose your paint tool sai in the process? if so I still have the files for it

KimitsuKouseki":67vq6cbe said:
I'm sorry about your computer, did you lose your paint tool sai in the process? if so I still have the files for it
Nah, I got it, thanks anyway though! This computer doesn't like it much; insists on asking me if I'm really sure I want to open it every time, and I have to manually locate and open my files. Can't just drag and drop them into the program like before. :? My list of complaints could go on. :lol:
Thankfully I have the expensive program installed on this computer already, as it was my mom's work computer. She was a graphic designer, and I just sorta inherited the computer. :oops:

Latest posts

Back