Pumpkins!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karebru

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
I brought my love of fall and the harvest season with me to southern Florida when my family moved here from the pumpkin and corn fields of northern Illinois. :autumn:
That was 44 years ago! After saying I was going to try it for all these years, I finally got some pumpkin seeds to plant for Halloween. Or, if I'm already a couple weeks late, Thanksgiving.
Howdens are supposed to be the best for this area, so that's what I purchased.
I've got a nice, sunny, raised area that's our typical, sandy soil that I want to work a little bunny magic on.
The plan is to dump my dirty cage trays... pine shavings and all, and turn it it well before I plant.
Should be good. No? :farmer2:
Thanks!

karebru":5weojgvi said:
I brought my love of fall and the harvest season with me to southern Florida when my family moved here from the pumpkin and corn fields of northern Illinois. :autumn:
That was 44 years ago! After saying I was going to try it for all these years, I finally got some pumpkin seeds to plant for Halloween. Or, if I'm already a couple weeks late, Thanksgiving.
Howdens are supposed to be the best for this area, so that's what I purchased.
I've got a nice, sunny, raised area that's our typical, sandy soil that I want to work a little bunny magic on.
The plan is to dump my dirty cage trays... pine shavings and all, and turn it it well before I plant.
Should be good. No? :farmer2:
Thanks!

Hey karebru, is that a Silver Fox in your profile picture?

Congratulations on the pumpkins!

The squash bugs completely ate up my squash and pumpkins this year. Even with my spraying neem soil. I finally resorted to seven dust but it was too late. :(

I hope your do great!

Good luck with your pumpkins!

I'm also watching pumpkins grow, totally on accident. I recently dug out a portion of a bank on my property, and all of a sudden all these odd looking weeds started popping up in the dirt I moved. Took a few weeks of them growing to realize they looked like squash plants :? Took a few more days for me to remember taking some Halloween pumpkins from my friends last November and using them for shooting targets in the area where these odd squash plants are growing...guess I actually recycled their pumpkins!

Back