Register

Breeding in the summer

Discussion of all aspects of rabbits as meat animals. If this subject is offensive to you, please do not visit.
5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 11,375.00

Re: Breeding in the summer

Post Number:#31  Unread postby GBov » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:41 pm

I have added fleshing each hide on butcher day so trying to remember the weighing bit is hard for my brain :lol: but my best intentions shall be tested in about 15 weeks. Counting kids not yet kindled, of course. :D

Site Supporter
United States of America Female
BunnyBucks: 2,086.00

Post Number:#32  Unread postby SixGun » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:41 pm

Fleshing out the hides too? Oh my. Ya, you won't catch me there. I'm a wrap and into the freezer kinda person.

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 11,375.00

Post Number:#33  Unread postby GBov » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:32 pm

SixGun wrote:Fleshing out the hides too? Oh my. Ya, you won't catch me there. I'm a wrap and into the freezer kinda person.

Which is how I ended up with almost 200 frozen hides to move, and move again, and again. It took me almost 6 months of working on them every two days. Flesh, dry and repeat.

I swore to never do that to myself again! :roll:

Site Supporter
United States of America Female
BunnyBucks: 2,086.00

Post Number:#34  Unread postby SixGun » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:16 pm

GBov wrote:
SixGun wrote:Fleshing out the hides too? Oh my. Ya, you won't catch me there. I'm a wrap and into the freezer kinda person.

Which is how I ended up with almost 200 frozen hides to move, and move again, and again. It took me almost 6 months of working on them every two days. Flesh, dry and repeat.

I swore to never do that to myself again! :roll:

And I don't know why I'm saving them all up to do together. I guess I figure it would save time, but if they continue to squeeze out space in my freezer, then, who cares about the saved time.

200?? Really?? LOL! I get this mental picture of a video game I play "The Long Dark" where I lay out all the hides to dry... That is a lot of hides.

Previous