Found a meat processor in Alabama

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheChad

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
I spent more than a few weeks trying to find someone to process my meat rabbits for me. Everyone kept giving me the same line, "We don't do rabbits". The numbers have gotten a little high for me to do on my own, without it taking a day or two. I took 18 rabbits to him Friday. I will have another group in about a month. He is going to process and debone each one at five dollars a head. I felt that was very fair. The only down side is him being an hour and a half away from me.

I will give a review and post his information after I get them back. He is also going to do some jerky for me out of the flaps. He is throwing that in at no cost. In the future there may be some associated with it.

Has anyone gone this route? Up until this point, I was doing it all myself, but my schedule and the higher numbers are pushing me this way.

18.JPG

Oh my gosh, congrats! I have tried to find someone here to do it for me, with no luck. They say the rabbits are too small of an animal to process. I live in town, and so logistics are preventing me from doing my own, along with the fact that I simply just don't want to do that part. I feel I could, if in an emergency situation with no problem, but I just prefer to have someone else do it for me and just feed them, then cook and eat them without all the in between. Living in city limits I don't want to alert anyone to what we have going in our backyard anyway, if at all possible. Nor do I want to get a ticket or be told I have to shut down the whole operation completely. You have given me the idea to look a little farther away from home, so I will do that now. Really happy you found someone-sounds like a great price too!

I went Friday and picked up the meat. I had two big brown grocery bags full. He wrapped then up in dinner sized portions for the family. My wife loved that. I also got him to do jerky out of the rib and stomach flaps. I was amazed at how big the pieces were. He was able to keep both sides attached. He cut them up as he bagged it for me. It is pretty tough and was a bit to salty for my taste, but still good. I am very happy I did it this way. Saved me a lot of time and we are going to have way more options with the meat. He also saved a lot of the bones from deboning. That way my wife can make stock from them. I didn't ask for this, so it was a nice surprise.

Next time I may try smoking the flaps myself and seeing how I can do at making jerky. I want a sweet Korean style jerky.

If you are interested in his services, here is his information.

Carl Beville
Beville Deer Processing
Hwy 82 East
Tuscaloosa, Alabama

Latest posts

Back