How many oats?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GBov

Reaction score
I have found a source of organic grains finally but I wanted to ask. How many oats a day should rabbits eat?

We are feeding weeds and grass - with a top up of feed store pellets - and as soon as everything grows enough to harvest they will get peanut greens, banana plants, spineless prickly pear cactus, cat briar, canna lily, citrus leaves, grape prunings, and many thinings from the garden.

So lots of variety but as organic pellets are a third again more expensive than whole grains, I would rather add the grains as the rest of the livestock can eat them as well.

So Mini Rex - about 5 pounds - should get about 1tbls to start? Good grief, good thing we have the birds or a 50 pound bag of oats would last for life! :lol:

Have done the math with TSCs organic scratch grains v shipping costs + organic grains and even with shipping, its cheaper to have the grains shipped.

A good deal is a good deal... and I know. I also give a tsp of flax seed each day. Bought a 50 lb bag. LOL! I will have flax seed for a while yet. But buying at the grocery was a couple bucks for a jar, or $6 for 50 lbs.... Seemed like a no brainer.

I would start at 1 tsp... and work towards the tbsp.

Latest posts

Back