What do you think?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KimitsuKouseki

Reaction score
Hi guys, so english angoras are super rare here and driving 6h yesterday I managed to finally get one.

I want to change her name but dunno what atm, her old name is Neige, french word for snow
She's a BEW
She weights 3.25lbs once I shaved her ( I though english angoras were suposed to be bigger? but it's a good thing for me that she's small so I dont mind)
She was born december 1st 2015 and has had babies in the past (didnt ask how many)
Her fur was badly matted but mesured 15cm at it's longest.

What do you guys think?
1htba8.jpg

More pictures on my website
http://kimitsukouseki.wixsite.com/bunbun-stories/neige

English Angoras are supposed to be between 5-71/2 lbs for a Doe and 5-7lbs for a Buck. ( i don't remember how to convert lbs to kilos )
Sounds as tho she 'might' be mixed with something smaller.
EAs have coats that need a LOT of care. They will mat terribly A blower is recommended to help keep the coat in good condition.
The length sounds pretty good.

Yes I talked with the breeder I was on a waiting list for a pure baby EA from and she knew where this rabbit was from and it appears she's a lionhead cross as I expected to be honest. Not so good when buying a pure but perfect for me since my whole project is meant to cross her with lionheads anyways lol! So I'm not mad. If I ever decided to breed english angoras in my area (I'd be the only breeder around montreal in a 3H radius) it would mean I'd need to buy a new female though, but I guess that'd be fine. I'll need to think well about it though and wait till my wrist is healed. Money is getting to be an issue and she was rly hard to groom with just 1 arm.

Point is, for my mirage lionheads, she's got the fluffy ears I want, long wool, blue eyes pretty much all I wanted from getting an angora and since she's a cross she's already small and I dont need to breed for shrinking !

Latest posts

Back