Tri color rexes

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marinea

Reaction score
So...I may be joining the Rex crowd. I am wondering, though. If I have a tri colored Rex, what would be the best color to breed it with to get more tri's? A harli, maybe?

IMG_4525.JPG

harlequin and tri only. in standard rex at least, neither harlequin nor tri are accepted for showing. if you breed them to another colour you can end up with the harlequined version of that colour, which is a DQ. it can also pop up down along the lineage too, so generally people won't want to buy a castor with harlequin in the pedigree, since they could possibly end up with unshowable rabbits, so keep that in mind if you want to sell any!

if they're mini rex, tri is accepted, but the rule about not crossing colours still stands.

They are standard rexes, but I am not looking to show. Meat rabbits, and maybe a few pet sales. Just love the colors.

Thanks for the info.

Reds, broken reds, torts, broken torts, ermines, sallanders, magpies and harlequins can all get you more tris

Latest posts

Back