Its not properly home without rabbits!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GBov

Reaction score
So yesterday I picked up 7 cages and today brought home 7 bunnies. Its properly home now! :lol:

Despite the seller saying three were Standard Rex when we got there they were SOOOOO not Rex, just Mini Rex on the large side but because I wanted to try Mini's for meat and they were super cheap I went ahead and got them.

Daughter is THRILLED to have rabbits again, she has been cuddling them all day. Bless!

So now we see how small stacks up against large, the Rex we use to breed took up the space of three of these little buns but they also ate huge amounts of food.

A new meat rabbit plan is always so much fun, isn't it?

:lol: I think I might have finally figured out the posting thing so now to go take pictures!

Brace yourselves, they are nothing special! :lol: <br /><br /> __________ Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:54 pm __________ <br /><br /> Nope, have to start a Flckr account to get photos posted. No idea when I will get to that but fear not, it will get done! :D

Got 5 cages hung up, a chicken roost hung, everychickabunny fed and watered and am drenched with sweat and have many new mosquito bites.

Buns look happy enough and the kids are happy with them so so far, so good.

:rotfl:

I love that everyone on this forum agrees on that one simple rule... "pics or it didn't happen!" :lol:

I can't wait to see what you've brought home, GBov, and I think it's adorable that your daughter is so excited about them. Personally, we're still in the "find a house to call home" phase, but we're finally getting close (I can just feel it). DH has promised my first house-warming present will be rabbits. :in_love:

GBov":32ezwyxi said:
Nope, have to start a Flickr account to get photos posted. No idea when I will get to that but fear not, it will get done! :D

well?
cat-drumming-paws.gif

:laugh2:

GBov has had a bit of trouble with pictures here so I offered to post them for her. Here ya go folks!

The buck first of course. :)
GBov%20Buck_zpseyzrhyvz.jpg

And the girls:

GBov%20Doe%201_zpswuiv2mc1.jpg

Doe #2;

GBov%20Doe%202_zpsin0zcwk4.jpg

#3:

GBov%20Doe%203_zpsnuhybf4k.jpg

And of course the daughters favorite the Lion Head. :)

GBov%20Lion%20Head_zpsuhkv5zru.jpg

Hope you enjoy. ;)

Thank you VERY much Homer! They look much more impressive in picture than in person. :lol:

But they are sweet buns, the buck is now named Thunder, the first doe - with the two little ones - is Spice and her sister with her head down is Sugar. Dark doe still has no name but I am sure it will come soon.

Have to say, hanging cages for such light weights was easier than for the big girls and boys we use to have.

Sadly, I have figured out where to hang more cages. Galloping rabbitosis anyone? :oops: <br /><br /> __________ Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:43 pm __________ <br /><br /> It is PROPERLY home now, have bred Flower and Missy (named after favorite Doctor Who character) to Thunder this afternoon.

They were both being stroppy so, while I hadn't planned to breed so soon, they just wanted it! :lol:

GBov":22lz3vmt said:
It is PROPERLY home now, have bred Flower and Missy (named after favorite Doctor Who character) to Thunder this afternoon.

They were both being stroppy so, while I hadn't planned to breed so soon, they just wanted it! :lol:

Good to see you jumped in with both feet. :p
I see lots of cuddles in your daughter's future. :lol:

Latest posts

Back