Idea for a new color-Help

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhealove

Reaction score
Is there anyway to get a rabbit that looks like a red fox. I'm thinking white belly etc with red coat would cover the basic. Like a red otter if that make any sense. I don't quite understand all the genetic yet though. Google gave me some nice pictures of some red mini satins but the only thing I liked about them was the color. Hate the rex head, may need more white and they're missing something. Anyway to get black boots? Hoping one day to get a "properly" mismarked, VC and blue eyed rabbits. Who doesn't love a blaze or star pattern? We'll start small though curious about this red bunny thing.

Maybe something like this?

87-1.jpg

This is a non-extension otter. The color is often called "fox".

Www no I mean breeding a bunny to have a coat like a red fox. There is also a tangent in there you can ignore if you want.

rhealove":22bilz1p said:
Www no I mean breeding a bunny to have a coat like a red fox. There is also a tangent in there you can ignore if you want.

Yep, that is what I mean, that is about as close as you're going to get. You would have to take this color and breed for closer to what you want and hope you can get better definition. Wideband might help.

If you wanted the red fox with the black mask, then you'd probably want to work with a black tortoiseshell rabbit
DSCN8120_zpsa6wpenpl.jpg

DSCN5842_zps058fe1a9.jpg

If you didn't care about the black mask, then look into a fawn colored rabbit, especially one with 'rufus' in their genetics. This one is just a fawn, not particularly 'rufus'

DSCN5443_zps1e5e81db.jpg

These are all English angora

Latest posts

Back