Roasty toasty princess!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sagebrush

Reaction score
Title says a lot..... Basicly I went fishing yesterday and didn't have strong enough sunblock. I am now a "Roasty Toasty Princess" so to speak and I am looking for alternatives to help cool the burns down. I have tried ACV, Aloe Vera Gel and plant, and a cool shower. No relief so far, but also no blistering. So anyone who might have some ideas is welcome to chime in!!
Sunburn.jpg

We always used a cloth soaked in witch hazel or Noxzema rubbed in like lotion....
Hope you feel better soon!

That is the true disappointment there. I caught nothing, neither did my stepson. He didn't burn, and I used the exact same sunscreen on him as myself.

I have Irish heritage.... so I feel your sunburn pain!!

my most recent bout with the sun and stupidity (not applying sunscreen!)
I ran a cool bath and heavily salted the water with pickling salt.... warm enough to melt the salt in but comfortable temp to the sunburn.....

I laid in the bath for at least 1/2 hour, adding warm water to stay comfortable.... gently patted the water off and lathered with aloe jell....

The key is addressing the sunburn before sundown the day of the exposure!
For some reason the sun going down makes the burn "BURN!"... once that starts, it is hard to stop

I have both German and Irish. I will have to try the salt bath trick. So far the only thing that is making it stop (for about 20 minutes at a time) is Aloe Vera Gel with Lidocaine. Can only put it on every 4-6 hours but for that 20ish minutes, its heaven. The only parts that are still hurting is just on top of my shoulders. A light t-shirt is enough to make it sting and burn still. But once healed at least I will hold this tan for the next 4 years without having to go out in the sun....

Sagebrush":2qu829jy said:
I have both German and Irish. I will have to try the salt bath trick. So far the only thing that is making it stop (for about 20 minutes at a time) is Aloe Vera Gel with Lidocaine. Can only put it on every 4-6 hours but for that 20ish minutes, its heaven. The only parts that are still hurting is just on top of my shoulders. A light t-shirt is enough to make it sting and burn still. But once healed at least I will hold this tan for the next 4 years without having to go out in the sun....

Once my sunburns go away... the freckles get stronger and start banding together... but the skin itself goes back to white .... ready for the next roasting! lol

I never used to burn until teen years - I think hormones changed my sensitivity a LOT!

DH uses witch hazel - I have some with cucumber which seems like it would be a good after sun option. As weird as it sounds, I heard on the radio someone's mom told them to rub a strawberry on the burn to take the pain away, and it was so bad he was desperate so he tried it and was shocked when it worked! Never tried it myself, but if you've exhausted all other avenues might be worth a shot. Someone else would soak oats (like you would eat for breakfast, plain) and smear it on.

Back