Growing out Flemish Giant

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaytonHillRabbits

Reaction score
Hi all, wondering what the best feed would be to help my Flemish Giant grow as big as possible?

I feed a commercial feed (Shur-gain feed) for my standard and mini breeds but the Flemish I'd like to make sure he has the right nutrients and levels he needs to get as big as possible.. so.. is there a better type to feed this fella? I have access to Shur-gain, Purina, and Martin as well as Oxbow and "Health Diet" (pet store brands). I've heard Oxbow is the "best on the market" but it's like $18 for a TWO POUND BAG so that isn't really reasonable in the long run.

Ideas?

Do you feed it free choice just like pellets or do you limit? I don't have access to calf manna but I have a horse supplement that is similar that I use for my pregnant and nursing does (Blue Seal Sunshine Plus) so I can put him on that no problem. Thanks!

DaytonHillRabbits":3hyzn5yx said:
I've heard Oxbow is the "best on the market" but it's like $18 for a TWO POUND BAG so that isn't really reasonable in the long run.
the ingredients are great, but it's made for PET rabbits - so it's low fat low protein too.

i agree, of those choices i would use purina and maybe supplement with calf manna. do you have a livestock feed store near you, or a tractor supply? feed stores i've found are always cheaper than a pet store. if you can find a tractor supply i would actually suggest manna pro over purina. i used purina for my first litters and they didn't grow as well as i'd like, but it would be the best option over pretty much any pet formulated food. just check the protein percentage - you want at least 16%, maybe more for such a big rabbit.

Latest posts

Back