Is there anywhere cheaper for cage wire?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got mine from my local feed and supply store 36' x 100' 1x0.5" for $150 out the door about 4 months ago. He buys in bulk shipments to keep costs down but has no problem adding my desired wire to his order when needed. I just try to give him a few months notice just in case.

Might be a good option for you as well. At least worth giving it a try.

I haven't used them yet, but
http://www.bunnyrabbit.com/price/wirea.htm
also seems to have very reasonable prices. It's drop shipped, which tends to save quite a bit.

It's GAW (Galvanized After Welding) wire, which is supposed to be much better at resisting corrosion.

Also, the wire for the floor is 14 gauge, which is probably easier on bunny feet than 16 gauge.

I've saved the Martin's Cages link also, as it has some things the other one does not. One thing the bunnyrabbit site has that Martin's does not is a roll of 1/2 x 1 14 gauge in 24" and 30" widths for floors. I'm not sure 14 gauge is needed for sides.

Zero experience, so take it for what it's worth. I've just been researching wire, and noticed this wasn't listed.

Back