Register

So annoyed!

A place to vent about what's bugging you. Please keep it civil.
1 year of membership
United States of America
BunnyBucks: 520.00

So annoyed!

Post Number:#1  Unread postby OldEnglishSilvers88 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:12 am

I had someone text me all day and night about my charlie chestnut kit doe from my oldest Mini Lop litter. She is only almost 4 weeks old but not ready until 8 weeks (as I stated in my ad and to her). And, as stated in ALL of my ads, I will NOT hold anything longer than 3 days without a deposit. This woman says she REAAALLY wants her, but cannot pay the very small reasonable deposit until 1 week later. This is something that I did NOT want to do, but I hadn't received any inquires on her except from this woman, so I **stupidly** agree to the wait 1 week crap. Well, Thursday was the 1 week mark and the promised day that she would send me the deposit. It did not happen. Needless to say, I tried texting, calling, and heck I even sent her an email asking if she was still interested in the kit or going to put down the deposit or if she changed her mind and if it was okay that I put her back up for sale. Nothing. My phone would not deliver texts so I can only assume she blocked me. Why? You hog up my free time for my past buyers and my future ones, I go way out of my way to do something helpful for you and then you block me? I waited and waited and waited some more. All very patiently of course, I am a fairly nice person but this pissed me off.
Last edited by MaggieJ on Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited title - language
" Forever traditional, always original"

- Old English Silvers

Site Supporter
3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Austria
BunnyBucks: 3,718.00

Re: Well, f*** you too then

Post Number:#2  Unread postby Preitler » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:40 am

Maybe you're too nice for some people, but well, no need to be angry or frustrated.
You had a rather clear agreement - 1 week waiting, then proceed as usual. Many who chicken out of an agreement like this for whatever reason give no word, or don't want to be faced with that issue in any way anymore, are at least somewhat embarrassed to break the deal. I think that's rather common for people to think that is a good enough way to quit whatever.

Imho there's no use in investing more time and energy when the time is up. It's them who want something, otherwise it's a somewhat lopsided deal when your need to have the bunny gone is bigger than the need of the potential costumer for that rabbit.

I learned a lot when renting out pedal boats, there's no point in postpone a deadline if there isn't a word from the customer, just move on.

I know, that's said easily, when all you want is to be friendly and forthcoming with people who share an interest, but at the bottom line, it's business, not personal.
"Sometimes I stand by the door and look into the darkness, then I am reminded how dearly I cherish my boredom, and what a precious commodity is so much misery"

The following user would like to thank Preitler for this post
KimitsuKouseki, MaggieJ

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Canada Female
BunnyBucks: 33,411.00

Re: So annoyed!

Post Number:#3  Unread postby ladysown » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:38 pm

when selling pets you need to deal with the public. :) that means dealing with folks who always want a favour. over the past 14 years of selling bunnies I've learned that you never count a bunny sold until it's in the home AND you have left the driveway! (if you deliver).

If you meet people, bunny isn't sold until either you or the people drive away.

A rabbit is never placed on hold until I receive dollars in my account or in the mail. until I received a deposit the bunny is NOT placed on hold. First come, first served. keep to your policies or you'll get in the butt. Don't put rabbits on hold WITHOUT the deposit in hand.
ladysown

http://athomepets.weebly.com/
Primary Blog : http://athomepets.weebly.com/at-home-pets-blog.html
Old Blog: blogs/athomepets/

1 year of membership
United States of America
BunnyBucks: 520.00

Post Number:#4  Unread postby OldEnglishSilvers88 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:21 am

Thanks guys!

This has been a real headache. Oh well. Among all of the troublesome ones, are the rare gems that are easy to work with...hint: it's not pet buyers. :lol:
" Forever traditional, always original"

- Old English Silvers

Site Supporter
United States of America
BunnyBucks: 930.00

Post Number:#5  Unread postby AmberRae » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:21 pm

It is frustrating to give up so much of your time for something that does not pan out. I have had it happen to me more than once when selling pet rabbits. I figure those people who do that, it's probably a good thing because they most likely would not be good bunny parents.