6a gardeners - any tips?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am currently in zone 7a/7b (close enough to the line I can't quite tell where we fall). We're going to be moving in late summer/early fall to 6a (eastern panhandle of WV). It's not a drastic difference, but enough of one I am not sure what I need to change. I have just now gotten to the point of being able to successfully grow something :lol: so it's not like I have years of experience to relearn, but I also know I will have to relearn the limited knowledge I do have :roll: . We likely won't have a huge area to work with, but I do want a veggie garden come spring, maybe some greens for over winter, flowers, etc. The couple houses we are hoping to look at this week have limited landscaping so it's a pretty blank slate to work with! (Pros and cons to that...)

Blank slate huh? Hope you have a tiller! :) First thing I'd do is put some radish seed in and maybe some cilantro. They both should make it and my rabbits LOVE the greens. ;)

Glad you're taking the leap of faith so to speak. Reading your other posts I think you guys made the right decision there.

Homer":2xtngaw3 said:
Blank slate huh? Hope you have a tiller! :) First thing I'd do is put some radish seed in and maybe some cilantro. They both should make it and my rabbits LOVE the greens. ;)

Glad you're taking the leap of faith so to speak. Reading your other posts I think you guys made the right decision there.

Ha! I think I might be lazy and put to use some of the cardboard I know we'll have excess of! Maybe a short raised bed? No idea...

This is turning out to be quite the leap! Things are still iffy with a couple of family members, but it is what it is. I know it will be good, and we'll at least be together. We are being led in such a crazy direction - from country living, privacy, to in town?? Do what?? We both feel at peace with that decision, and are going to look at houses this week. Eeek! I just heard about this whole Turquoise Table idea ( http://www.kristinschell.com/ ), and it seems like that's what we're supposed to do - more what I am supposed to do :shock: .

I live on the west side of WV and my kale and carrots always make it through the winter. The chard dies down but I leave them in and most come back in early spring.
Good luck on the move!

Latest posts

Back