Anyone's litters picture thread!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are lionheads.
Codette's remaining 5 are 3 double mane, 2 single. Harlequin + marpies from the looks of it so far. Dad is a gorgeous mega fluff (not a teddy, but super fluffy) marpie.
Onyx's are 4 double mane, 1 single. 3 Blacks, 1 vienna marked black and 1 I'm not sure of the color yet.
Lolita's are 1 double mane and 6 single or no mane. Both parents are single manes I expect a few no manes from em. 4 are black, 1 is blue?, the double mane I cant tell the color yet and the last one is such a weird and freaky color I can't wait to see what he'll look like. I'll take more pics in a few days.
I had to give 3 of Codette's babies to Onyx cause she got diarrhea and didnt have much milk. Gave her some borgal and she's better now. I'm hoping Onyx does well with feeding 8 babies :/ but I wouldn't be suprised if theres a few issues down the line. Codette struggles to feed the 2 she has left atm so it's better this way I hope x.x

Alrighty! I have two new litters. I bred both my does at the same time, and thankfully both took. So now I am performing an "experiment" where I have swapped kits from both litters to see if the growth rate enjoyed by the kits of one dam is related to her milk production (not that heritable), or if it's a genetic thing.

Without further ado:

Onyx's litter: 8 kits, 2 harlequin 6 various black agouti/otter patterns

B5OD1.jpg

Mithril's litter: 10 kits, 9 REW and one Chinchilla. (C locus is Cchd c x c c - should be half REW; the odds went sideways this time)

B5MD1.jpg

I've switched the two harlequins for 3 REWs to even out the numbers to 9 kits per doe. I'll also be tracking the feed in each cage and the kit weights pretty closely. I think this will be at least somewhat enlightening!

Our first litter born at our new location.

lM8vL4QhSBVY2mPsDbxZ-47qCfWBmdv_sKWJ0-dMMhve93VsGxH3Q9N0IqA9JAQca9EUoeJRkmxu9ongL-kufri2RKr2voA_I3Q-JCdtq8l1cg5QI7Lp_IG_wt5FK3PKYMhR3pDPC3OkukNCGeW2mV5BbMO2bM3qKdZl8OjWrmo-ZgPYh10EwYGVQwozFhSy90bFm562HWVnP-5OMwtlPhLiQup4HUc99B3Xy56EnosCghIjVybhfPiWg1sydbtH_fMV2K6-LlNPCNliu8zOKQesivbL9QcNN36U6pE-KKcYbkSUyLVuhi-xTHsj_4d8Ifmy-W9BPHTsWCVIsBjWI-apjUcvNsQy1tsBBL72ZH_pm_nGpRPmMhB80d4Mbv8VqCh_YYVP9qfiszuuuxqN0Y1kGGLeACFdHrgwiYADZcXVOcCqOcidT5QZk3F7Dzd245tM5PdGhXSXNKUHk4CL6C70Zi6qqZOwEpb-_4PyayXfklxiXHqBDfm8imzoVopWoGsiv8sWvvRfF6UhpiJ1Q5Vrxhu0hWcqvV8eVBc68Fz8rpXyqaOQ8VZ3U-v3PqgcKst9FcsLegdp7o9Sq4t1z51Mv4t3k9C77yQyTB6zYc2OqGkUKqfpQQ=w1545-h869-no

I have a miracle baby! 2 of Codette's babies fell out of the nest, I finally fixed the nest now after that. One was Onyx's tiniest baby that I had given her to foster cause his rivals were starving him to death. The other was a gorgeous double mane marpie harlequin T^T. I found them dead squeezed between the cage and the nest. I took em, made sure they were dead, they weren't breathing. I have a bag in the freezer for dead kits to sell for reptiles later, so I go inside with em in my hands. Show my dad how dead they are on the way, go to the freezer, open the bag, reach to put them in the bag, the harlequin comes back to life!!!!!!!
I couldn't beleive my eyes! So I put him on my heater, used a hair drier too to get him to warm up and then I put him back in the nest. I didn't want to tell you guys right away in case he didn't make it but it's been a few days now and he's still alive :gold-star:

Ferra":1hq7qqsy said:
KimitsuKouseki":1hq7qqsy said:
Funny, I have a doe called Onyx too

I've seen references to her around the forums as well. I came up with mine by naming my whole starter herd after rocks/minerals that matched their dominant fur color... Onyx was easy. :p
Hehe, Onyx is my favorite type of stone ^^
My Onyx, when I bought her had a name....... Galipette...... I hated it, it just sounds awful. Her previous living condition were rly bad and she suffered from activated vent disease. She deserves better in all sense of the word.
So when I took her in, I treated her and changed her name to Onyx.

Fernie, your picture doesnt work.

DSCN9962.jpg

Birth Day. The pink one is about forty five minutes old in the picture, the gray one about four minutes old.

DSCN0020.jpg

Day Two. There's now a total of five, four black ones and one Ruby Eyed White.

DSCN0036.jpg

Day Three. The REW is becoming more white and less pink.

DSCN0204.jpg

Day Ten, the REW is now quite white although there's no eyeballs open yet.

DSCN8363.jpg

Two weeks and four days. They're up running around the place while mum bun hides on top of the nest box.

You can see the other days (they've had daily pictures posted) pictures at: http://hillsidefarmhawaii.com/index.php/blog/

awww so cute. Did you know the white was REW at birth or only after the eyes opened?

__________ Mon May 29, 2017 6:28 pm __________

My 3 does all gave birth 1 day early today ^^

Mom : Eva
Dad : Trésor
6 babies! sorry for the bad picture
2e5vaqa.jpg

Mom : Beckett
Dad : Hibou
6 babies!
2dc786a.jpg

Mom : BigMama
Dad : Edward
11 babies! Although 1 got lost in the nest away from the others :( he died shortly after I took the picture. He looked like a lynx too so sad.
rs8qqc.jpg

Can't tell how many double manes I got yet cause there's a lot of whitish so gonna have to wait a couple days. Also I'm not very good at identifying colors at birth, but I think there's a few lynx, maybe a blue or 2 and a chocolate. A few agouti and a few brokens. Also a suprise, a vienna mark from Beckett, I didn't know she carried the gene. Some nice color variety for sure. Gonna have to keep an eye on BigMama's babies, 10 seems like a lot especially since she just lost 1 :/ I'd rather not foster if I don't have to, last time she fed her babies well so I'm gonna see if she can pull off 10.

Wow, KimitsuKouseki, that's a LOT of new babies! Good job!

The REW is a REW and not a BEW because I (hopefully) don't have any Vienna genes in the herd at all. I did have one buck who carried it and hopefully all the genetics from him have been taken out of the breeding herd, but the Vienna gene is real sneaky and can hide for several generations.

Blue Eyed Whites are an allowable color in English angoras, but you have to go through so many Vienna marked rabbits in order to get to the BEW that I don't want to deal with the Vienna gene. Since half the time they have so much wool on their face you can't see their eyes at all, I don't see any reason to care very much what color their eyes are. IMHO, these buns are all about the fiber, not the eye color.

DSCN8473.jpg

Now the babies are up on the nest box. Poor Cheiri, no more hiding place for mum. They're only three weeks old, so it's a little early for a complete weaning. She's got another ten days or so before she will probably have them all totally weaned. They're starting to nibble on the BOSS/calf manna/wheat supplement as well as grasses and leaves, but the new organic alfalfa pellets are still a little bit too big for them to chew on easily.

There's earlier pictures from when they were about four minutes old here: http://hillsidefarmhawaii.com/index.php/blog/

DH decided he would hold one of the does to see how socialized they are. He normally doesn't handle anyone unless it is Tiny. Well this is what happened lol. She fell asleep in his hand. to precious!
20170529_BZ in hand.jpg
She decided to give me the eye when I went to take her picture.
BZ eye.jpg

hotzcatz":1rmrc3xa said:
Wow, KimitsuKouseki, that's a LOT of new babies! Good job!

Blue Eyed Whites are an allowable color in English angoras, but you have to go through so many Vienna marked rabbits in order to get to the BEW that I don't want to deal with the Vienna gene. Since half the time they have so much wool on their face you can't see their eyes at all, I don't see any reason to care very much what color their eyes are. IMHO, these buns are all about the fiber, not the eye color.
Thanks ^^ if my does keep this up and I can't sell most of em I'll have to do only 2 does per month from now on... Or skip a month, cause I like doing 3 does, gives buffer in case of issues.
Lucky that vienna is allowed in angora. It's DQ in lionheads, but I'm just a fan of blue eyes so I'm being hardheaded and having blue eyes anyways. At this point I think about a third of my breeders are vienna carrier and/or blue eyed. This means I'll probly never be able to show my rabbits or sell to other breeders but meh me is silly.

They are already about 7 weeks old, but here are my two English Spot Kits. They are my doe's second litter, and they are the whole litter. It's a small litter, but I'm going to give her more chances since this was only her second. They are my first litter though. One is a golden Charlie (male) and the other is a black Charlie (female). The black Charlie is heavily a Charlie; her pattern is so messy that it is almost not there. She has white in what pattern she does have, but the little girl who is going to buy her for a pet loves her pattern

Attachments

• _20170604_100944.JPG
    _20170604_100944.JPG
    258.2 KB · Views: 2,194
  • _20170524_113700.JPG
    _20170524_113700.JPG
    126.6 KB · Views: 2,194
  • IMG_20170604_102434.jpg
    IMG_20170604_102434.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 2,194
Update on my now 1 week old litters. It's a high and low one. Sooo many colors, so happy :wbounce: only 5 double mane out of 22 kits, so sad

Beckett's
2v0bgr7.jpg

I need to choose one from this litter since I sold the dad. My choice is between those 2 double manes at the front. Beg them to be females for me x.x

Eva's
adgevp.jpg

The harlequin and the dark one to the left are double manes.

BigMama's
wk6at5.jpg

2ziy3xl.jpg

Soooo many colors :in_love: This is exacly what I want mirage lionheads to be about, exept with just double manes, but sadly there's only 1, the vienna marked chocolate agouti. But that orange with the white spot on it's head! and that light beige! and that lynx and that blue and those 2 brokens! and that choco vienna drooooooool

2CrazyFools":4yf423ko said:
Look at all those colors! So cute. How can you tell when they are double manes or not?
At birth you can tell on dark colored buns because the skin will show that V with the sides being pink with the rest being dark skin, but on lighter ones you have to wait for the fur to start growing. The sides stay naked longer forming that V pattern in the fur you can see on the ones I pointed out as doubles. The 2 from beckett's are easiest to tell in these pics.

My new litter of Satin Angoras I am so in love with these guys. 7 all doing well and all very uniform in size.php4PmEIiPM.jpg

DSCN8871.jpg

Fresh baby bunnies today! Looks like only four but they seem healthy enough. It's both parents' first litter. Gayle built a nice nest and put the babies in it.

Two solid black, one chocolate and one REW. Genders still unknown.

Last month's litter, it looks like the REW and two of the blacks are male with two black females. I'll probably keep the REW and the two females, not sure about the two black males. Hopefully the REW in this litter will be female so the two REWs can be bred together to get all REWs. I could use some more white rabbits.

Latest posts

Back