HELPPPP!!!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oscar

Reaction score
I do t know if it will allow me to add photos or not but I will try. I know this is a rabbit website but i havent gotten much help anywhere else. My brothers female black lab started getting small blisters on her nose yesterday but we just somply hpught that she rubbed the hair off or scratched it on something. This morning we wake up and she has larger blisters on her nose, I have been cleaning them out with hudrogen peroxide and water diluted and then putting a pain releif cream on it, any idea what it is or what its from? Its on the bridge of her nose. Anybody else have this happen?

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3 ... 3&__tn__=R

Sorry, I can't see the photo. You probably need to set it to "public".

I'm just guessing, but that kinda sounds like an allergic reaction? Was she recently given any flea and tick meds that she hadn't received before, feed something new, or gone on a hike? Any other symptoms such as itchiness or swelling?

If it is an allergic reaction benadryl(Diphenhydramine) will probably help.

2–4 mg/kg

don't use hydrogen peroxide!

Seriously..get good pictures, put them on photobucket and put the link here.

But I'd be thinking vent disease transferred to the nose. Check her vent, if it has blisters as well treat with penicillin (long lasting) .

Yes its my brother hunting dog. We took her to the vet and they said tey thought it was staph infection, the gave her a shot of pennacilin and gave us two medacines for her to take, it should clear up within the next two weeks.

Benadryl is a popular brand name of antihistamine that can be easily be purchased over the counter. It is commonly used to provide quick yet temporary relief for allergies that result to rashes, watery eyes, and itchiness of nose or throat. There is also another class of Benadryl that is marketed as a cough medicine and is therefore useful for cough and nasal congestion. Those who are experiencing symptoms related to these such as nausea and vomiting take up this remedy. Furthermore, Benadryl has components that can induce relaxation and sleep.

Can I Give My Rabbit Benadryl?​

Yes, but you have to consult the doctor regarding appropriate dosage​

As a rule of the thumb, simple medications used by humans can be used by animals in small doses. However, in order for it to become effective, the amount of dosage must be sufficient. The prescribed dosage will most likely be around 0.5-1 ml depending on the weight of the rabbit. When your rabbit is experiencing any health problem, you should consult a qualified exotic veterinarian, not just simply a regular veterinarian trained to assist cats and dogs. By doing so, he or she can discern if the cause of the symptoms is simply common colds or a very serious allergy.

Your rabbit cannot contract colds from humans, in the same way that you will not be infected with the same virus that it is suffering from. When your rabbit is experiencing runny eyes, runny nose, and sneezing, it could probably be due to having lower respiratory infection or upper respiratory infection. When your rabbit has lower respiratory tract infection, it will show other symptoms such as raspy breathing and may point his nose upward to get more air. Meanwhile, if it has contracted an upper respiratory infection, the nasal or ocular discharge will appear thickened. For both of these circumstances, you can use Benadryl to relieve their discomfort. If Benadryl has been applied at its initial onset, then the swollen nasal membrane can easily be taken cared off. However, if it gets too serious, any good veterinarian would prescribe antibiotic or nebulize your rabbit to create lasting relief.

find more information on: rabbitinform.com/can-you-give-a-rabbit-benadryl/

The dog isn't rubbing its nose raw trying to get at the rabbits I hope. We always have good ol bag balm around

Back