Rabbit love?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tailonwolf

Reaction score
Has anyone ever had rabbits be in love?
I had decided to breed my rex pair a few weeks ago i left them in with each other for a bit but they wre more into cuddleing they did breed but they kkept cuddleing and grooming eachother i took her out and home to her cage and she got deoressed i moved them into the house cause weather got really bad and i bring them in when its bad she got all happy i sat him next to her and now they are side by side and groom through the spcage and stay right beside eah other and he wont breed with any of my other females just runs to the corner of the cage close to her and hides is this bunny love? <br /><br /> -- Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:16 pm -- <br /><br />

Many animals do form strong pair bonds, and they certainly seem to have their preferences among members of their own species. Why not rabbits?

I'm not sure I'd call it love in the same sense that people use the word about their own relationships, but I do believe that most mammals can feel affection for others.

I have some that do that... I have to literally pick them up and set up on top of the does, like they would be if they were breeding. That usually gets the point across.

My rabbits seem to prefer some over others. I have a doe who hated being bred the first time, she kept escaping and dashing away and I barely got her bred. I just put her with a different buck, and she didn't want to leave him! She went for me when I tried to take her out :x :x :lol:
They also snuggled. And I got 5 fall offs, much better than 1 the first time :lol: These two had been in cages that were next to each other, so I wondered if that contributed to it. Who knows, it was just funny :lol:

Back