Newborn kit with ? Cyst on head

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wondermomx4

Reaction score
Has anyone had a newborn kit with something like this on its head? Not bloody, open or pulsing. Kit is active and we will see tonight if it is strong enough to feed with the others. One of 7 born this morning.
Thanks

Attachments

• 20170528_123132.jpg
    20170528_123132.jpg
    271.7 KB · Views: 981
We were afraid of the same thing. Yes, we will watch him/her and see what happens and what changes come about in the size, color, etc.
At first glance this morning, we thought our doe had accidentally stepped on this one and scratched it with her nails. Wasn't until a few hours later when we really got a look at it that we realized this wasn't a birth accident.
Always something new with bunnies!
Thanks for your reply.

After doing a google search (i know Doctor Google....) The diagnosis that came up the most for a cyst on the head was "Cystic hygroma". They tend to form on the neck or skull, most often at the "soft spot" on the forehead. Though I had more pictures of human children with these then animals. They usually form in the womb or shortly after birth.
Please do keep us updated and I will keep researching.

Back