A really odd question about rabbit poo

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GBov

Reaction score
What would happen if I supplement my rabbits with Borax and Sulphur? Not to the rabbits themselves (both are bunny safe in small amounts and I take them myself) but to the manure. Both are difficult to amend the soil with as they are so very strong but as they are both really important would giving it to the rabbits render them easier on the garden if it comes in the form of rabbit manure instead of the pure minerals?

An odd question I know but enquiring minds and all that. :lol:

Google the Borax Conspiracy for really good information on Boron and Borax, if you are interested.

Any excess minerals and such would be excreted in the manure most likely.

I was reading on a gardening forum that since they've allowed a herbicide spray to be used on alfalfa to 'ripen' it before harvest, there's been some difficulty with the herbicide staying throughout the digestion process and remains active when the manure is used on gardens afterwards. Herbicides and gardens don't generally mix well, but hopefully the borax and sulphur will be an improvement.

Try it in really small amounts, I guess and can you get the manure tested? Can you get the rabbits to eat it in the first place?

Latest posts

Back