BABY BUNNY VANISHED!!!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ButtonsPalace

Reaction score
I don't know where he could be at, I've looked everywhere. He was in his basket all cuddled and cozy, I even made sure to put a cover over the top so he wouldn't be able to escape, but sure enough he did. We have no clue where he could've gone and we're definite no animals got him as he'd have screamed. Does anyone have any advice as to how to find him or lore him out or anything, I'm at a complete loss, he was such a cutie, I was gonna keep him as a pet (he's a runt) :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Was he in your room when he disappeared? You're not giving us much to work with. If the door of the room he was in was open, you'll have to check any rooms it connects to. Check under desks, dressers (including IN the drawers), under beds etc., closets, inside boots . . . you'd be surprised the places they can wiggle into. If that doesn't work, try putting some treats and a bowl of water near his basket and then sit quietly and watch. It may take a while, but if he's not stuck someplace he should venture out when all is quiet.

:good-luck:

I've been there, I didn't think the kits were big enough to get out of their drawer and I left it open, came home to find zero kits in the nest, Louie and Della snuggling on the floor next to the drawer, "we've made a mistake, please put us back", Lady G I finally found cuddled in a corner (they were what, 13 days old? 15?) by herself, very chilled, and then for the life of me I couldn't find Pipsqueak! So I started in the room and picked up every piece of furniture, moved the dresser and used a flashlight to make sure he wasn't hiding under the dresser (you can get under from the back and being so small.. he could have.) finally after going around the floorboards and finding nothing I moved on to the doors. Which doors had the largest cracks underneath? Bathroom first. Easy search, nothing. Closet next. Oh boy. Closet is the catch all so I just started at the sides and worked my way inwards. I found him wedged up between a crate and the wall, very cold but alive.

Does Snickers squeak yet? Because Pips heard me talking and squeaked at me. So talk, croon as you're looking. They can slip under doorways so just go methodically. Search EVERYTHING.

Good luck.

do you have inside pets? i've found that my cats have been the best at finding my small escaped things (bottle baby kittens, pet mice, baby bunnies, etc.) they can hear them moving around and we can't. every time we've had an escapee either one of the cats or the dog alerts me to it. sometimes they'll have batted it around first, but i've never had them injure anything, just get em wet and undignified. maybe worth a try? let your cat into the area and follow her around or something? idk :( i hope you find him soon.

He was in a closet on a desk, in a basket, meaning he climbed out of the basket, fell off the desk, and went on an adventure, we spent several hours searching everything multiple times in and out of the room to no avail. We have no clue where he is and by now I'd assume he's dead. He's just 9 days old today, opened his eyes a few days ago and has been walking a good bit, I have no clue where he is but am very bummed over the loss. Its been really hard not yo cry, we've looked everywhere we feel he could've possibly got.. We moved stuff all over and went through individual items and everything. I'm at a complete loss

Well both of our dogs that were in there have been around baby bunnies tons of times and have never shown interest, but who knows. If we don't find him and there's no smell in a few days, we know he was ate. I'll update you guys as I know. Still hopeful of finding little Snickers

We checked there, he even checked behind a bookshelf we doubted he could fit behind, we no kidding turned over the entire room 4 times, multiple people looked in different places, we even checked surrounding rooms.

Back