The Haystache thread!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny thing is, with a stache like that she didn't see where she was going (well, running, this rabbit does nothing halfheartedly), when I took a peek at her tunnel she barreled full speed into me. It didn't last long, but it was a frenzy.

I love this rabbit, she is so "all or nothing", great mother, fierce fighter (sigh), fast digger, confident owner of everything, cuddly bun demanding nose rubs...

My elder-doe decided that for litter number three, a haystache was necessary!

stache.jpg

The photo is a bit terrible: She refused to sit still. The 'staching was frantic, despite having 9 more days until her kits are expected to arrive. She seems calmer now that she has a nest all prepared. I gave her the next box expecting her to play in it, make a half-finished nest, and then soil it. I thought she'd have a good time, and I'd just have to clean one of the nest boxes (there were clean ones on hand, so no big deal in the end).

Instead she's keeping it immaculate and starting to line it with fur already! I'm starting to wonder if I should leave her masterwork in there with her and let her use that one...

First time mom & nest builder. She did such a great job. After she built her nest she sat on top of the box for hours admiring her work. Her kits are 12 days old now and thriving, couldn't ask for a better mom!

Attachments

• haystache.jpg
    haystache.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 4,809
  • proudmomma.jpg
    proudmomma.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 4,809
Everyone has all these great hay-staching pictures and I've never been lucky enough to catch my buns at it... until this morning!! Day 24 of pregnancy and Alice is going stache crazy! I noticed half her hay feeder was empty (filled it up yesterday) and she had a mouthful of it taking it into her nest box. So I gave her a ton of straw to choose from and she's one happy momma!
DSC00986.jpg
DSC00968.jpg
DSC00958.jpg

I brought TWO big handfuls in there for her and I went back to check on her about an hour ago and her cage has been picked CLEAN. All the straw and the remaining hay from her holder are stuffed into her nest box :lol:

Oh, and I'm happy to say her hormones have settled down this last week, she's isn't threatening to kill and eat me when I reach into her pen anymore. Thank goodness!

DSCN8310.jpg

This is Gayle, first time mum bun, we will see how she does. She's building her nest ten days before she's due.

DSCN9896.jpg

This one is Cheiri, she was pretty serious about nest building and built one early.

DSCN0136.jpg

Cheiri's five babies are under the wool at the front of the nest.

Awe, Cheiri has such a beautiful green stache going on! I made the mistake of giving Alice her daily dandelion while she was staching and she went, "Thx.." and into the structure of her nest it went! Your rabbits are so cute. :3

Bunnies are strange little critters. When Gayle was building her nest, I'd put in their daily supplement 'treat' of calf manna, BOSS and grains and she had her mouth full of wool to build her nest at the time. She went over to eat the treat and was trying to eat it with a mouth full of wool. Silly bunny! This is her first nest building, so she's still new at it.

I didn't have my phone on me but my pregnant girl had a tiny furstace going on early this morning on day 27 of her pregnancy. I caved and gave her the nest box a bit early in case she decided to try nesting tonight.

I didn't want to open the door and bother her. Vale with her hay Stache

Attachments

• IMG_20170907_123950.jpg
    IMG_20170907_123950.jpg
    590.7 KB · Views: 5,111
Nesting.jpg

First litter and about 4-5 years old. She would only be 2wks along at this point. She is very confused.

TeaTimeBunnies":yveyq3y9 said:
Maleficent":yveyq3y9 said:
Nesting.jpg

First litter and about 4-5 years old. She would only be 2wks along at this point. She is very confused.
At least she's trying :lol:
Lol notice the nest box there, she keeps ignoring it and running around her cage like "HALP! What am I supposed to do with this?!"

My first time mom Fable's attempt. It's not a haystache...but it's the effort that counts right? :lol:

Attachments

• IMG_20171003_145042.jpg
    IMG_20171003_145042.jpg
    367.8 KB · Views: 4,971

Latest posts

Back