Register

I don't get it

A place to discuss the particular challenges and ethical issues facing the breeder of pet rabbits today.
7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Canada Female
BunnyBucks: 33,051.00

I don't get it

Post Number:#1  Unread postby ladysown » Mon May 01, 2017 8:19 pm

I have a bunny priced at one price. Decide that just maybe I might keep her but not really sure so I bump her price up (to cover costs that I will have should I decide not to keep her). And IMMEDIATELY have people interested in her... when before the price increase nary a nibble. I just don't get it...
ladysown

http://athomepets.weebly.com/
Primary Blog : http://athomepets.weebly.com/at-home-pets-blog.html
Old Blog: blogs/athomepets/

Site Admin
7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Canada Female
BunnyBucks: 56,768.00

Re: I don't get it

Post Number:#2  Unread postby MaggieJ » Tue May 02, 2017 1:22 am

Crazy, isn't it?

But I've seen the same thing happen many a time at Toronto's Sunday Antiques Market. If something is priced too low, the buyer seems to subconsciously feel that it is cheap either because there is something wrong with it or because it is somehow not so desirable. I've even walked away myself from what seemed like too good a deal.

I used to sell as well as buy at that Market (this was back in the '90s) and I often found that if something wasn't selling that raising the price worked.

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
United States of America Female
BunnyBucks: 20,381.00

Re: I don't get it

Post Number:#3  Unread postby Marinea » Tue May 02, 2017 8:56 am

Look at the "designer" dog mixes, like the Labradoodle. When I was young, it would have been called a mutt, and likely given away.
Bird House Farm
Organic heirloom farming on a small scale