Tail Wagging?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karebru

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
Since I got my first rabbits, present company included, about 40 rabbits have passed through my herd.
I have a doe right now who wags her tail excitedly when ever she's see's her food or a treat coming. I don't mean a little twitch. I'm talking about a full blow wag, like a crop-tailed Yorkie.
I've never seen this behavior before. Is it rare?
She a good mama, a shameless beggar, and quite the character. :lol:

Lol does that want to be bred are often quite angry little beasts... When they start wagging their tails, use caution around them.

SableSteel":t80muk69 said:
Lol does that want to be bred are often quite angry little beasts... When they start wagging their tails, use caution around them.
Actually, the first time I noticed it was shortly after she kindled her first litter, 5 weeks ago. She was nervous at first, but never aggressive. Now, she comes to the cage door for a nose rub.
Or maybe, it's some BOSS or a parsley sprig. :roll:
Or maybe it's to beg me to get the kits out of her cage. :D It's time.
It will be interesting to see how she acts after they're gone. <br /><br /> __________ Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:19 pm __________ <br /><br /> Weened the kits yesterday. She's back to her old self again. Backed into the far corner of the cage and glaring at me when I open the door. Pretending she doesn't like being scratched behind the ears, but she can't fool me. :D

I have a doe who don't want to get caught but will sniff my hand and run around wagging her tail. I'm taking it to mean she's happy.

Tail wagging usually means they want to breed. My sisters ( LFB aka littlefluffybunnies) does do that when we breed them and try to get the bucks to chase them. It's kinda cute when they dash around shaking their little cotton ball tails :lol: Hope you all have a great day!

Latest posts

Back