"Murphy's law?" [Update: KITS!]

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nyctra":1i04vb6h said:
FourRingCircus":1i04vb6h said:
Sooo.... not being up on the whole genetics thing - what are the options for fur length/texture? Is one more dominant than the other? Will it do something in between??
Angora and rex are recessives on different loci.
So these babies will be just plain shorthair, but if I bred back to a rex, I could get normal and rex. Bred back to an angora, I could get normal and angora. Bred together, I could get normal, rex, angora, and angora AND rex on the same rabbit...which sounds as wrong as it looks, from what I've seen. :lol:

Really!?! Oh. that has to be a sight to see!

Interesting to know - thanks for the run down :) . Looking forward to watching them grow! Crazy how full those bellies are!!

:eek: look how cuuuuute! I just love that little gold one in the mix! Looking forward to seeing them with more hair in the future. Sweet little fatties :in_love:

Lost the broken choc otter last night to chilling. :cry: Lil bugger escaped the nest to help himself to the milk bar, and didn't find his way back. I think all that cold milk in his belly prevented him from warming up properly, and eventually what looked like heart attacks took him. :weep:

The rest are being shelved so it doesn't happen again. They got another huge meal this morning! :p This mama bun's boobies feel like how a mama dog's looks! Like a milk mountain range. :lol:
Color is in better, and I'm leaning back toward chocolate fox for the golden kit. My choc torts before all have had choc undertails, but this one has a white undertail and colored top, so that's exciting to see. Choc fox is one of the odd colors I've been dreaming of seeing.

Attachments

• IMG_2563.jpg
    IMG_2563.jpg
    304.5 KB · Views: 2,467
Sorry to hear you lost one! :( I had a litter of five recently and lost one as well. Its very sad. The rest look great! <3 Beautiful pictures!!! Love how bright that orange is! <3

I want to say I've never had a litter so fat, so consistently! I swear their bellies are stretched to the max after they eat. I think these are going to be some really chubby bunnies. :lol: Usually my kits get "enough" but this seems excessive!
Her sister is due this weekend with a first litter - by the right buck this time! It's comforting to know I have a potential foster with milk to spare!

Attachments

• IMG_2601.jpg
    IMG_2601.jpg
    288.7 KB · Views: 2,445
  • IMG_2603.jpg
    IMG_2603.jpg
    263.7 KB · Views: 2,445
  • IMG_2621.jpg
    IMG_2621.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 2,445
Back