I got fed up

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladysown

Staff member
Reaction score
answering the same question MULTIPLE times

I got fed up.

So I blocked and deleted messages from a potential buyer.

I know.. It was horrible of me to do so.

Maybe this person speaks English as a second language.

But how many times must I say "no, not litter trained. "yes, I said she is not litter trained. NO she is not litter trained.

yes I know, she's not orange and white, she's black and white.
the orange and white is the BABY that you asked about. Now this is an ADULT rabbit that is black and white.
NO, I don't have an adult rabbit orange and white that is for sale. ONLY this BLACK and white rabbit.

Then started the questions on "has it been bred? Can you breed babies?? and breeding shortens their life and ... I just said I'm done. I don't need to keep talking to a person who just doesn't read what LITERALLY just wrote.

Doesn't help that I'm tired. :)

So .. those who sell to the pet market.. how do YOU deal with people like this?

The Pet market is a difficult one. I put a lot of weight into these conversations. If I feel like I'm beating my head against the door, it's not worth it. Those are the buns that are going to show back up on my doorstep anyways.

Ramjet":32nyzb3q said:
How do I deal with the pet market ?! I don't sell pets ....

Yep, pretty much.

I did sell an 8 week old to an older teen at church for his girlfriend and so far he (the rabbit) seems to be doing OK in that environment and has really taken to her. He approached me though, and I wanted to help him out (financially they don't have a lot).

I have a pick-up scheduled tomorrow with someone like this.... I am planning on sending a reminder note today.... they seemed to be sending replies to multiple people as the information he was confirming didn't make sense....

I'm personally hoping he cancels... makes me nurvious

I know that some folks decide to stop selling pets because of the flaky people.... but I choose not to do that, why?

because of the gems that I meet along the way. The people who write about what their bunnies is up to or the wonderful babies they manage to get or whatever.
The people who stop and say "hey, I got the best ever rabbit from you". :)

makes my heart smile.

But sometimes I run into an "odder than normal" person and I react and wonder if I reacted poorly. So then i seek the advice of others who have chosen to sell pets regardless of the odd balls.

Nice to know that others would have stopped this particularly conversation as well.

Well.... today I loaded up two rabbits for someone that has been messaging me for a week....
Sent a check in and confirmation message yesterday...

checked back and the person no longer wants the rabbits....
So rabbits are hanging with me at work (both jobs) today....lol.... good thing I grabbed food and water cups on the way out of the barn today!!!
I brought food for the transition too.... so rabbits and I will have lunch together... :lol:

Sometimes I hate selling to the public!!

I never sold rabbits as pets -- and only occasionally as breeders or meat -- but I if I were doing so, I think I would insist on a non-refundable deposit or payment in full in advance. At least that way there'd be compensation for these irresponsible and/or indecisive buyers.

Welcome to my world!!! :laugh:

No, seriously. Every time I put up an ad and I list the parents' colors and patterns at the top of the ad, I get an " So what color are mom and dad? ". :2guns:

:lol: It was funny reading everyone's responses!
I've figured out the right price for my area which weeds out most of the flaky people. I started at $25 and would get an overflow of emails including tons of the flaky species ;) But now I've been sitting comfortably at $70 for the past year and most of the people I get are serious buyers with only the occasional flake. :mrgreen:

Another tip is to screen before hand. Especially if you don't want to be ditched at a meet up. Instead of asking questions one email at a time or just bombarding the person all at once I created a questionnaire form for people to fill out if they want to buy a rabbit from me. It is online so I can determine if the person is suitable or not before I meet them and don't have to awkwardly turn anyone away...which I would do...I reserve the right to cancel a sale at anytime...thankfully though, I haven't had to back out of a sale face to face with someone yet. But anyway, the first part of the form just has a bunch of basic rabbit knowledge questions and the last half has some personal questions I just like to know to give me some kind of idea what environment the bun is going into. Think it has like 15 questions...anyway, I can send it to anyone if they are interested, but you could make your own if you like! :) Haha, I'm really just a paranoid mama who wants the perfect home for her buns XD (When you have only around 3-4 litters a year on average you grow pretty attached! ;P )

I'm a new breeder and I don't have much experience selling my lionheads yet. So far it's been fine for the ones I sold, but I'll have more to sell soon.
Think it has like 15 questions...anyway, I can send it to anyone if they are interested,
I'd like to see it, sounds usefull.

In my area there's a breeder with a licence to sell to pet shops and he wants me to sell my rabbits to him cause he can't produce enough for demand. So if I go through him I don't have to deal with people, but I'm not fond of the idea. I'll have to talk it out with him, but I'll probly try to sell myself and only sell him leftovers.

KimitsuKouseki":l1zzxske said:
Think it has like 15 questions...anyway, I can send it to anyone if they are interested,

Okey dokey! Attaching it now! :) (Sorry it took me forever lol, I haven't been on RT for a while. :oops: )

Attachments

• Rabbit Form.docx
    15.3 KB · Views: 166
Easy Ears":2f5fwo95 said:
Okey dokey! Attaching it now! :) (Sorry it took me forever lol, I haven't been on RT for a while. :oops: )

Lol by now I've already stopped selling to public, I just cant handle the stress it causes me. Ty though

Easy Ears":1qehwh0o said:
KimitsuKouseki":1qehwh0o said:

Drat ! i wanted to look it over... but it is in Office format and i cannot open that :(
Sounded interesting.

If people are too dang stupid to read both for themselves and what info I give I eventually quit answering, see if I can find another buyer, and simply dump them if I do or if I don't really need to sell it.

I am so sick of questionaires for animals, particularly when the info really is just mine to research/decide or has a million ways to accomplish successfully, that I don't bother with such sellers. Not even dogs anymore. I know what I want, I know what few questions I do need answered, and I don't need a huge questionaire of excess info to deal with from every single breeder every time I want to inquiry about something before they will talk to me. Basically I have the same opinion and issues that leads to the breeders making them. It's a waste of my time repeating info I don't need to instead of just detail me the individuals you have or your breeding schedule plan.

[/quote]

Drat ! i wanted to look it over... but it is in Office format and i cannot open that :(
Sounded interesting.[/quote]

Try Office Online. It's free to use.

Latest posts

Back