What color?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gilbie

Reaction score
I am fairly new to English Angoras, we've had 1 for a few months & are in love. So much so that I'm getting another today, but I'm puzzled as to what color she is.
I've been trying to figure it out on my own, looking at different examples online & researching the color descriptions, which is how I found this site. I appreciate any help you can offer! :D

Attachments

• 20170320_082807.jpg
    20170320_082807.jpg
    247.3 KB · Views: 1,587
  • 20170320_082740.jpg
    20170320_082740.jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 1,587
Hello
She looks like a Black Pearl to me (genetically the same as sallander), but it wouldn't surprise me if she ended up being actually a dark Sable Pearl (genetically the same as sable point) either.
Welcome to the site

Black or chocolate tortoiseshell? Is her nose black or dark chocolate?

If the feet are also black or chocolate colored, then as SableSteel mentioned, she'd be a pearl. If they're the body color, then a tort. Hard to see feet color on angoras when they have so much fluff. Maybe that's a dark foot in there? Then she'd be a pearl of some sort. Pearls have the chinchilla gene as well as the non-extension gene for torts and fawns.

Back