Yay! A harlie marked baby!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a psycho blue harlequin dutch rabbit that I am keeping around for color purposes :roll: . She's so pretty! But man is she a witch... especially when pregnant. Not to mention her mothering isn't great (she's only had two successful litters in the year+ I have had her). Last litter was with the Chin buck and produced chestnuts - a couple with faint markings - dummy me processed the one I should have kept to breed back to her. This time I paired her with my REW buck - with the strong steel in him I wasn't sure what I would get, but out of the two babies (so far... I am holding out an inkling of hope she might have more, but doubtful) one has harlequin markings! I am hoping it's a male so I can breed him back to her eventually, but first glance looks female. The other might be some kind of blue? No idea. It doesn't look white, there's some tinting the best I can tell, and maybe a few faint markings. I can't wait to see how they fill out! The first one I thought had been banged up - the side of its head looks bruised - then I realized it was just the way the markings fell :lol: I'll have to get pics in the AM. I gave up one her even having a litter even though the buck had a decent fall off... then the kids came in asking if I knew she had babies in there! I had noticed she hadn't been eating or drinking as much. That explains it!

Looking at her(?) closer she actually has dutch markings as well - fun! :bunnyhop: Nothing "perfect", but still neat to see :) Not marked up as heavily as the doe... I don't remember if there is a particular term for the more mottled look compared the to chunks of color. Day 2 of a migraine makes for a muddled up thought process :roll: Pics both in the sun and shade (YDD was helping, she loves to hold them, even after being peed on multiple times :lol: ). The one has some faint markings mixed in. Curious to see what it looks like as the color comes in. I love seeing color in the nest box! Although, it makes processing day a bit harder. A hutch full of white is boring enough that you can't easily pick favorites (6 little ones hiding out).

HERITAGE - WIN_20170228_123001.JPG

Kit #1

HERITAGE - WIN_20170228_122237.JPG
HERITAGE - WIN_20170228_122440.JPG

Kit #2

HERITAGE - WIN_20170228_122647.JPG
HERITAGE - WIN_20170228_122152.JPG

SarniaTricia":3bmwz50y said:
Gota LOVE the Harleys!

View attachment 2

Most definitely! I dream of hutches full of them... someday!

__________ Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:51 pm __________

Here they are, such cuties!

(it looks like I am squeezing the poor thing, but i promise I'm not! she started to pull back the exact moment the pic was taken :roll: )

rabbit.jpg

They are often found cuddled up together...

rabbit2.jpg

Of course, the one time I am hoping for a male it looks like they are both female. The fawn colored one (I think that's the right color term?) is still questionable, but the darker marked one looks like a definite slit vs. tube.

SarniaTricia":1iqaufdg said:
SO much FUN!!!!
You need some Magpie in there too!!

lol

You let me know when you are ready.... I may need to take a trip....lol (I am headed to the Ohio Mini Convention in May... :D )

Why must you tempt me so?? :lol: We might end up in OH sometime in the next couple months - DH usually has to go to Cincinnati once very couple of years and we make it a family trip so we can visit family along the way, then we go to the Creation Museum and play in the pool while he's gone.

Back