Prices

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ipoGSD

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
So im breeding some rabbits for someone who feeds raw to their dogs, its a barter deal. They are fully intact except they have been skinned per request-so gross!!!!! (Thankfully my dogs eat them with the fur)

How much on average should i ask for rabbits that weigh 3 - 3 1/2 lbs?

Ive looked online for prices, but they vary SO much, i even seen them for 35 each for this size! Which i have no clue for pricing but wow,. That price seems high..

I was thinking $5 a lb seems fair.. ?

Your going to have to figure what its costing you to raise an average size litter, and what it cost to feed your adult breeders on a monthly basis. I come up for mine about 2.00 a pound. I would for sure double or triple your overhead.

Overhead would be fairly hard for me to figure out? i think mine might be higher than most. Besides pellets and unlimited hay. i spend about $20-25 once or twice a week in greens for them.
(Dandelion, red & green leaf, romaine, collard and sometimes i add in parsley) in the summer i dont spend as much because im able to forage for some healthy greens for them.

Thats a lot of greens, when you figure a pound of spinach costs about $2. How many are you feeding greens to? With hay and pellets available, a handful of greens, imo, is about all they need. More than that and you're going to be actually working against yourself, if you're trying to put on weight on grow outs.
Greens are great for rabbits, but, they take up a lot of space in the digestive tract. If your rabbit eats more greens on a percentage than pellets, than you are getting a lot fewer calories into the rabbit on a daily basis.

Latest posts

Back