When to rebreed after a miscarriage?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JudyM

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
I thought I read somewhere that you can rebreed right away after a miscarriage but I wasn't interested in that fact at the time. Now I can't seem to find it. She only had 3 or so that I am aware of, over 2 days. They were born on day 27 and 28. It is now day 33 with no more babies so I'm assuming she is not delivering any more. Should I wait another week or so?

As long as she is in good condition and there are no worrisome symptoms such as bleeding or discharge from her vagina, I see no reason to wait. In the very unlikely event that she has retained kits, sexual stimulation could help to expel them.

Wait a bit and see what others have to say . . . this is not my area of expertise, since in a colony with a live-in buck, does breed when they feel like it.

I wouldn't call it a miscarriage if they were born on day 27 or 28 and developed maybe a little premature. I did have a doe miscarriage early in the pregnancy once think I waited 3 or 4 day and breed her. 31 days later baby bunnies :D I'd throw her In with buck in the morning if it was me! Good Luck

Back