My first tattoo

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sagebrush

Reaction score
Well I have done my first official tattoo. I gave it to myself since I have wanted one for the last 19 years.
tattoo 2.jpg

However I had to draw it on my leg myself, freehand. So of course it came out a little different.
first tattoo.jpg

So of course it didn't come out the best in the pic with the plastic on it. I'll get a better picture tomorrow when I go to change the dressing.

Thank you Zass! After we had talked about using our tattoo pens for the rabbits, way back when, it kind of stuck with me. So I ordered more needles and got some ink from a tattoo artist friend, cleaned the heck out of my tattoo pen since it was in storage, and did it. So I can safely say that the tattoo pens do work for humans too. :mrgreen:

Cute! Can you update with pics as it heals? What part of your leg did you do?

I almost tattooed myself, on accident :oops: :lol: I did one attempt with a pen a while back, rabbit jumped, pen slipped, thought for sure those dots on my finger would be permanent :roll:

I tattooed just above my ankle on the outside of my right leg. I was going to go smaller but with the needles I have for my tattoo pen, it would have just been a blur. It is healing well. No signs of infection or adverse reactions so far. I will keep you updated on how it is healing. :D <br /><br /> __________ Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:15 am __________ <br /><br /> Tattoo day 2.jpg

How it was looking this morning.

I noticed the lines could use some more passes. But hey, I can always go back over and do some touch ups once it heals. Thank you Zass. :D

Marinea!! I haven't read from you in quite a while! Yes, I know it is my first because I have 3 others that I designed and just haven't gotten done. For 2 of them, I have to have someone else do because I can't see to do my own arms lol. :lol:

I would love to see them Sarnia Tricia!

__________ Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:00 am __________

Well it is day 6 of the new tattoo. Scabbing and itching have definitely begun. So can't wait for this part to end, has been going on since day 3. Please forgive the unshaved leg. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
tattoo day 6.jpg <br /><br /> __________ Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:04 am __________ <br /><br /> I am sure the names explain alot, but I took pictures of before lotion and after lotion. Not to many scabs left to come off. But dry it still looks like crud. :(
Tattoo day 8 before lotion.jpgtattoo day 8 after lotion.jpg

I am guessing it will take a little while for full healing, for the skin to fully go back to it's new "normal." I could be wrong though... I have zero tattoo experience :lol: I am impressed, though! I don't know if I would ever have the nerve to do it on myself, and I can guarantee you if I ever did it would look nowhere near that good ;)

I found preparation H helps a lot with all tattoo related issues...
It looks really good, but I am sure once everything is healed, you will be "touching it up" .... I know I have a hard time leaving any drawing alone.

I havn't had a chance to do any drawings lately, but I know if they end up being rabbit related... you folks are the ones I would share with. :D

It does take up to a month for the skin to fully heal. The outer layer takes between 1-2 weeks to heal.

I would absolutely love to see your drawings when you have any you want to share!

Back