Happy April Fools Day to me!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oscar

Reaction score
So we had an eventful day, first we went to help my neighbors move, then we met my grandma for a few hours and went to a flee market, and when we returned home after a few hours i look out side and my doe Penny is pulling fur and haystaching like a crazy woman! I went out and gave her even more hay, I sat next to her pen in a lawn chair and saw her have her babies, well saw her while she had the babies! That was about 2 or 3:30 pm, i checked on them about 5ish to count and check for dead ones, all alive and squirmy. We leave for church about 5:45ish and when we come back i check on babies once more, there was one on the bottom of the nest that died. I new it wasn't going to make it long because of how it was acting the first time around, I buried it next to my rose bush. Around 7:30 this morning I wake up, make toast, and check babies, all alive and well. I sat out there for a while and the babies hadn't been fed and they needed to eat so i helped mamma out. How long until she figures it out? I look outside after lunch and she is pulling even more hair! Why is she doing this? Ill try to post pics but I'm tried earlier and it didn't work.

Some first time moms have trouble figuring out how to release the milk pressure...
I usually hold the nest box in my lap and put the moma on the nest box and talk/pet/hold her... till she starts relaxing and is like "ooohhh that's what I need" Or I trap moma in my hanging nest boxes for 10-15mintues till they get t he kits fed the first time....

After that, I just like to monitor the situation... lol

Latest posts

Back