my puppy has been born!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JessicaR

Reaction score
My new puppy was born on Saturday now for the long 8 week wait :lol: Calypso had a huge litter of 11 girls and 1 boy. Good thing I wanted a girl :lol: Not sure which pup I am getting yet as we are waiting until they are older before we choose. My daughter wants a black pup instead of a sable but I told her that we (the breeder and I) will be making our decision based on temperament and drive first, color is least important.

Attachments

• Calypso puppies.jpg
    Calypso puppies.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 3,129
:congratulations:

Gorgeous mama... German Shepherd?

JessicaR":3is332c4 said:
My daughter wants a black pup instead of a sable but I told her that we (the breeder and I) will be making our decision based on temperament and drive first, color is least important.

I do love the blacks, but you are 100% right, temperament is key!

Congrats! German Shepherd Dogs are just the best! We had a girl that appeared very similar to the mom and she was just the best thing under the sun. :love: I love those penciled toesies. :blush:

Wow! What a great background! Both parents are gorgeous animals. My girl wasn't nearly as well bred, but we didn't purchase her from anywhere either so no telling what sort of bad backyard breeding background she came from.. :shock:

I can't wait to see which puppy you guys end up getting! Looks like she's coming from some amazing stock.

2CrazyFools":38aloo2b said:
Wow! What a great background!
:yeahthat: :in_love:

German shepherd dogs are on our top 3 list of dogs we want. I love the working breeds so much! Interestingly, I tend to prefer the German working lines over the American-bred show lines (not always, but mostly). Something about the topline... not to mention the drive and ability. It looks like you'll have some great prospects to choose from, JessicaR! :mrgreen:

Congrats! We rescued a GSD three years ago now and she's been an awesome dog! Spazzy, but awesome. I still love Labs, but I know what breed I'll be sticking with here on out. :) You'll have to keep updating pictures for all of us here!!

I get to go see my puppy next Saturday! That is when we will be making the final decision on which girl will be mine! :D My choice though may be cut in half, of the 11 girls it looks like 4 or 5 ( 3 for sure)of them may be long coated. I am just not sure if I want a coated shepherd, not that there is anything wrong with that, they are beautiful. I was just looking foreword to something a little easier to groom, plus I definitely wouldn't be able to show in conformation, but my main focus is obedience anyways so... I guess we will see what happens when we visit.

I will post pictures of the pup when figure out which one is mine, or you can see them on her facebook page Hemlock Shepherds.

How exciting!!

I hear you with the long coated shepherds, they are gorgeous but... man... that's a lot of hair. My husband straight up nixed any long coated dog ideas of mine, lol, though I think eventually I'll wear him down because I'd just love to have an Irish Setter one day... :in_love:

Looking forward to seeing which puppy you pick Jessica! (Or, actually, which puppy picks you! :eek: )

2CrazyFools":1vstpd2s said:
How exciting!! I'd just love to have an Irish Setter one day...

I also love irish setters, but they are a lot to groom! I was looking at irish red and whites before I chose the GSD. They are way less to groom, no trimming allowed for the ring. Some friends of mine breed them and have been doing very well in the show ring with them, they even went to Westminster!

Tomorrow is the big day!!! I think we have it narrowed down to 4 pups out of the 11 I have to choose from. 1 I am a little unsure of as the breeder says she is very active and high drive where I am looking for medium to medium high drive.

Well it was a hard choice, it took us almost the whole hour to decide which one was ours!
We had narrowed it down to 4 pups the breeder thought would work with what we have planned, 2 black and 2 sables. We then narrowed it down to the 2 sables since they was interacting with us the most while the 2 blacks were a little more independent. Ultimately it was my 2 year old that made the choice :lol: orange collar girl played with him for about 30 minutes! She would chase him around trying to get her wubba toy, then she would snuggle up to him when he sat down. Of course at 6 weeks old there was a lot of toe biting, face licking and jumping :lol:
So on April 22nd Zelda (Twilight Princess Von Hemlock) gets to come home. In case you are wondering about her name, hubs and daughter love the Legend of Zelda video games and Twilight Princess is one of the games.

Attachments

• 130.jpg
    130.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 1,000
Back