When someone asks if your rabbits are inbread

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that is so cute!!! my favourite personally is 'purebread.' yes i have here a most excellently browned rex loaf...or would you rather a sourdough?

shazza":ktlz755h said:
that is so cute!!! my favourite personally is 'purebread.' yes i have here a most excellently browned rex loaf...or would you rather a sourdough?

Sourdough or.. sourdoe? :cool:

Cute pic Zass! I saw it last night on my phone and couldn't make out the bread, just thought it was a goofy picture of your buns. Logged onto my computer, "Ah... I see now..." lol!

I couldn't help it. People wanting to sound all smart asking about "inbreading" crack me up every time..

Me: "Sure, I have rabbits "in-breading," about once a week. They're excellent with thai chili sauce."

Each time I see "I bread my rabbits" or anything of the such my brain thinks of two loves of bread humping until the top loaf falls off.

:coffee-screen:

Yup, I'm also very particular about using correct grammar (or terminology?)... but I agree with Zass, rabbits that are inbread are the tastiest! :D

Zass":c67mlwkn said:
I couldn't help it. People wanting to sound all smart asking about "inbreading" crack me up every time..

Me: "Sure, I have rabbits "in-breading," about once a week. They're excellent with thai chili sauce."

OH! A fantastic suggestion! It made me hungry, so I did it. :twisted: This is not from my herd but rather from a "Whoops!" litter between siblings another local raiser had and sold off, so this dish would be inbreds in-breads (with chili sauce and ranch).

in-bread.jpg

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Guilty party here..... after reading this, I am horribly embarrassed.. my spelling is pretty horrible, so I did try and look up the proper spelling for "bred" but kept getting bread... so figured it must be correct.... Now I'm wishing someone had told me I had "spinach in my teeth".... UUugugggg! :oops:

SarniaTricia":1jc7x8cj said:
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Guilty party here..... after reading this, I am horribly embarrassed.. my spelling is pretty horrible, so I did try and look up the proper spelling for "bred" but kept getting bread... so figured it must be correct.... Now I'm wishing someone had told me I had "spinach in my teeth".... UUugugggg! :oops:

Sometimes it's hard to look up the spelling of a word when there are two or more easily-confused similar words. Dictionary.com is one way to check . . . they list "can be confused" words, like this:
Can be confused
bread, bred.

Here's the complete listing for bread:
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/bread

Another way to check is to type bread or bred into google. You'll get hits for grammar sites that will guide you.

I blame the Ontario Ministry of Education. Along about 30-35 years ago they cut formal grammar and spelling from the primary school curriculum, believing that "personal expression" suffered if children were forced to learn the basics. Teachers could only supply "bandaid treatment" - on the spot correction. (The terms I have used may not be the PC terms used at the time . . . It was a long time ago.) But what a disaster! How can personal expression thrive if you are making bricks without straw?

So, Tricia, don't feel embarrassed. Blame the government and their infinite "wisdom". :grit:

That might be a good explanation for Ontario, but it doesn't explain why we can't spell here in the US!!

Actually, my own generation was the one where they experimentally removed phonics from the curriculum. Instead they tried to get us to memorize how to spell every word in the English language.
Needless to say, that didn't work either. :lol:

MaggieJ":buxavkn1 said:
I blame the Ontario Ministry of Education. Along about 30-35 years ago they cut formal grammar and spelling from the primary school curriculum, believing that "personal expression" suffered if children were forced to learn the basics. Teachers could only supply "bandaid treatment" - on the spot correction. (The terms I have used may not be the PC terms used at the time . . . It was a long time ago.) But what a disaster! How can personal expression thrive if you are making bricks without straw?

So, Tricia, don't feel embarrassed. Blame the government and their infinite "wisdom". :grit:
:yeahthat:

I think kids in the US are just as, if not more, disadvantaged in this. The public schools here are a joke in some states/counties. I was lucky to go to a pretty good one (plus I loved English and History... still hate math :roll: ), but I remember swapping papers with some of my peers in college for reviews... Lord have mercy did I end up covering those papers in red ink. :x

Even now, seeing some of the silly spelling errors in Facebook groups, or other sites... sometimes I can't tell if people are just being lazy or genuinely don't know the difference! :lol:

Zass":2w7gicn9 said:
That might be a good explanation for Ontario, but it doesn't explain why we can't spell here in the US!!

Actually, my own generation was the one where they experimentally removed phonics from the curriculum. Instead they tried to get us to memorize how to spell every word in the English language.
Needless to say, that didn't work either. :lol:

Very true, Zass, but I assume the changes in Ontario were part of a much larger trend -- as Nymphadora points out. Canadians are not by nature "out on the cutting edge."

I am so very glad I had three years of formal grammar training, from Grade 6 through 8. Of course that was back in the early 60's, when the 3 Rs were still regarded as essential tools in education. I was just beginning to write stories on my own at that point and I never noticed that formal grammar interfered with my creativity. :roll: Enrichment and personal expression are wonderful, but they benefit from a firm foundation supporting them. :soap:

i feel lucky that my mother was an english teacher as i was growing up, so she instilled good spelling and grammar as i grew up. and honestly? it HELPED my creative writing. i probably wouldn't enjoy writing as much as i do now had i not actually learned proper technique. even if my story sucks i have confidence that my spelling and sentence structure isn't going to be what people are complaining about. the idea that teaching spelling and grammar hinders creativity just boggles me...i never would have imagined canada of all places pulling something like that!

Back