New bunny wont touch ANY greens

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ipoGSD

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
My wife's new nethie bunny refuses to eat anything other than hay and pellets.

At this young age we know to go very slow with fresh foods. But she wont even nibble on anything. Tried (one at a time obviously) dandelion greens, green leaf, romaine, collard and parsley.

Ive never seen a bunny not like greens. Could it be because shes still adjusting to her new home? We've had her for a week.

All of our rabbits happily devour any and all greens we give. Ive been trying to offer even more greens these days. I wish she would try some, she would be healthier and happier.

How common is this?

The bunny will probably learn to eat greens if you persevere. Try bruising the leaf slightly to release the scent. Dandelions should be a good bet, also plantain (the lawn weed, not the banana thing) and clover. Parsley too should be appetizing.

Don't make a big thing about coaxing the bun. Just put the leaf in and leave it there for a few hours. Otherwise the rabbit may start resisting and playing bunny mind games. ("Nyah, nyah, you can't make me!")

Latest posts

Back