My new Shed and caging!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaytonHillRabbits

Reaction score
Hey all! I just wanted to post an update on the new shed and caging I've recently invested in!

The shed I bought from a friend who built it rough for her chickens.. it's a 12x10 shed, and I loved it because it looks like a miniature horse barn! I bought it for $1400 CAN delivered. We knew it needed some work but holy moly did it ever. Hubby has replaced the roof (came with metal roof, but it was not properly installed and it leaked like all get out), he went with regular shingles and I love it. He had to completely replace the door frame and handles/locks. He also installed the 2 new windows, replaced the flooring with Plywood and then I had the genius idea to cover it with a sheet of laminate for easy clean up. He also decided of his own accord without being asked (!!!) to insulate the one side because the caging on that side attaches directly to the wall so he said it was now or never. He is such a doll. It still needs to be wrapped with the tar paper and then we are wood shingling it all the way around. It is going to be SO sweet once it's totally finished.

I had bought new caging, 6 holes from Grandview Rabbitry who I very HIGHLY recommend. AMAZING quality for an almost unbelievable price. I just love these new cages. I can't stop raving about them!

So I now have 12 holes for all my breeding does and growing out kits, plus I have 2 outside hutches for the bucks. In the near future hubby will be adding another 4 cages along the bottom of the other wall, they will have 24"x24" cages with runs attached on the outside about 3 feet long. It will be really great to have everyone in one building and within reach!

Attachments

• shed.jpg
    shed.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 2,142
  • caging1.jpg
    caging1.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 2,142
  • caging2.jpg
    caging2.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 2,142
  • caging3.jpg
    caging3.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 2,142
Beautiful!!
Can't wait to have a place in the county and build a bunch of little critter castles!

Making notes in my "book" on this design!

I SECOND the quality and workmanship of products from Brian at Grandview.... Just invested in some new pans.. and I will be looking at more cages from him in the future!!

Very nice! What was the total cost? And do you think it will be easy to keep clean, when the pee and poo fall between the cracks and don't make it in the pans? Keep us posted-love the look of it!

Total cost for shed and all supplies and the NEW caging etc was about $2500 total. As far as cleanup.. there really isn't anywhere for the poop to fall and get trapped, it's a solid wall behind the caging on the one side, solid all the way down to the floor which is now linoleum, so I can take a broom and get it all out easily. On the back wall (where you can see gaps in the boards) it's not finished yet, so that will be a pain until hubby get its insulated and puts plywood over it so there isn't any holes or cracks for poop to fall into. Once the caging is done on the bottom where the "boy row" will be, that also should be easy to clean. I'm HOPING the boys will go outside to the runs to poop but where the floor is linoleum it will be easy to clean regardless... I LOVE the linoleum.. only downside is it can get slippery when it's wet so I have to be aware of that when it's raining or snowing out.

Back