Register

Was just threatened for selling rabbits

A place to vent about what's bugging you. Please keep it civil.
1 year of membership
Female
BunnyBucks: 1,695.00

Was just threatened for selling rabbits

Post Number:#1  Unread postby ipoGSD » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:38 pm

I will be contacting the police and my cell phone provider. It was a restricted number.

I didnt start recording it until i realized it wasnt a prank..

Some woman called me, swearing at me left and right for breeding rabbits and making money off them. Threatened to hurt me. Said there was a whole group of people that will be doing something at night to us.

The information she was spewing was info she googled. Like how my mom was in a car accident years ago and her dog took off from the scene of the accident. She was saying my mothers FULL NAME. My fathers. Mine! Mentioned the road she was on when the accident happened.

The only ONE person i gave info to was a girl, who said she wanted my number because she was afraid of Internet sales. My guess... thats who it is. But the email is from CL so it's an anonymous. Unless this nut is from a previous contact from xmas time... ???

I dont know but we're pretty freaked out. So please be careful, you never know what kind of nut jobs you're going to run into!!!!!!!

All i can say is im happier than a pig in .... that i have a protection trained, working german line german shepherd dog!!!!!!!

If i can figute out how to upload the voice clip i will share it!!!

Site Admin
7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Canada Female
BunnyBucks: 56,243.00

Re: Was just threatened for selling rabbits

Post Number:#2  Unread postby MaggieJ » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:42 pm

That's horrible . . . not to mention just plain crazy! :x

Please be careful. I'm glad you have guard dogs!

The following user would like to thank MaggieJ for this post
ipoGSD

United States of America
BunnyBucks: 1,250.00

Post Number:#3  Unread postby shazza » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:51 pm

jesus. dogs or not, i would be staying up with the shotgun all night D: absolutely call the police and have them investigate.

this is one of the big reasons i won't sell live animals to anyone i don't already know or are like, a trusted friend/family member of a friend or family member. i am way too paranoid about crazy people! i worked with (and still do, sometimes,) shelters for a long time and i honestly am afraid of what some of them would do/say about me if they found out i have rabbits and i eat them too
mini lop, standard rex, meat mutts
fb: @frithyeerfarm
tumblr: @babbits

The following user would like to thank shazza for this post
ipoGSD

1 year of membership
Female

Post Number:#4  Unread postby ipoGSD » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:43 pm

I live with my sister. Her basement to her home is our apartment, converted for us. My sis WILL NOT allow even her own husband to own a gun because of the kids. So no guns are allowed. Otherwise id have one already.

Im STILL making all my youtube videos private.. i have so many.. with so much info..

__________Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:43 pm __________

I already had my cell phone # changed. Waiting for police.

If anyone knows how i can upload this voice clip to fb or here, id post it.

I..mean...scary!!!! It was something straight out of a psychotic movie the way she was talking and laughing!!!!!

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Female
BunnyBucks: 5,522.00

Post Number:#5  Unread postby Nyctra » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:23 pm

ipoGSD wrote:If anyone knows how i can upload this voice clip to fb or here, id post it.

I don't know what device you're using, but if you have a Windows computer, you can put a photo in Windows Movie Maker and put the audio on that; then it can be saved as a video and uploaded. Just an idea off the top of my head. :?

The following user would like to thank Nyctra for this post
ipoGSD

1 year of membership
Female

Post Number:#6  Unread postby ipoGSD » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:19 pm

Its an android phone. A stylo2 its my wifes phone that it was recorded on. I was the one talking to her on my phone.

Also..... doing a little more digging. Im pretty sure i found out info on this nut job. In one of the emails, she sent via the anonymous cl emails, she sent her email. I didnt look into it until just now. Its connected to some animal activist!!!!! If you want the email, private message me. I dont need some google search bringing her to this site if i post her email..

1 year of membership
United States of America Female
BunnyBucks: 1,446.00

Post Number:#7  Unread postby BlueHaven » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:50 pm

I would highly reccommend you get a video camera to get video of any car or truck that pulls into your drive. Not expensive and it would let you know who it is, or identify a license plate if its in the right place. Its amazing how many people we catch that have come by when we weren't here. we knew them all but you never know.. I tossed a guy off my property for trying to peddle some health insurance riders. He was in the house and kept asking me if there was someone else home. Like three times.. I tossed him out and three days later I got a dozen eggs in my mailbox. Wish I had had my camera up because that would have gotten him in at least some trouble.

The following user would like to thank BlueHaven for this post
ipoGSD

1 year of membership
Female

Post Number:#8  Unread postby ipoGSD » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:55 pm

My driveway is connected to my fathers. He has cameras because of his equipment. And yeah had your cameras been up, he would of been in jail. Its a federal offense to mess with mail boxes!!!

As of right now, i am trying to figure out how to upload the voice clip lol its in my google drive..

Site Supporter
1 year of membership
BunnyBucks: 10,451.00

Post Number:#9  Unread postby FourRingCircus » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:26 pm

Scary! Thankfully my cell is tied to my MIL's address, and our names aren't listed fully in the phone book since DH is in management (and when he was plant manager had a couple not-so-smooth firings to deal with - he even strategically planned out his office so he was facing the door and had a way out if needed). I also have little to no online ID (as in, you can't easily find much on me since I don't have FB or anything, and my one social media acct. in Pinterest isn't tied to my name). My maiden name brings up a few articles from HS and college, that's about it I think.

Anyway, good reminder to play it safe... unfortunately it's gotten to that point. I go back and forth with selling extras to make a few bucks... I do a couple times a year, but stuff like this fuels the paranoia. Glad you have the dogs! And cameras! Any chance you could get a pellet gun at least? Something with visual presence and would at least sting a little if needed.
Formerly known as "heritage" :)

Homeschool mom of 4 little ones - 9, 7, 5, & 4!

Our Four Ring Farmstead journey - with not quite 20 chickens of various breeds and 6 rabbits - and maybe a "few" popples every now and then... plus some feeble attempts at gardening. Officially registered as Four Ring Rabbitry!

Pampered Chef anyone? It's for a good cause! https://www.pamperedchef.com/pws/rmcoley

The following user would like to thank FourRingCircus for this post
ipoGSD

1 year of membership
Female

Post Number:#10  Unread postby ipoGSD » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:49 pm

I do have a bb gun but you can tell its a bb gun, a pink pump action camo one lol

I officially know who it is. It was a HUGE help that i only gave my # to ONE person from CL. And the genius actually gave me her real email address.

Tomorrow i will be contacting the police again to let them know the info i found out

Im STILL trying to figure out how to get this file online, like to fb or youtube

__________Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:58 am __________

__________Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:47 pm __________

Damn this woman is friggen stupid....

Does anyone else think its funny.. this person knows im a woman????

__________Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:49 pm __________

Last edited by ipoGSD on Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 34,540.00

Post Number:#11  Unread postby akane » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:34 am

Most people are all talk luckily but you never know. I don't own a real gun but when I did screw up giving out info once while living alone I slept with a Japanese sword for a few nights :lol: I also have an akita who would most certainly have eaten anyone that entered the bedroom. She almost broke the bones in my arm in one second in play. If I hadn't moved my arm into her and she hadn't realized her mistake faster than I could say anything... ow..... Unfortunately at 10 years old she's starting to have a spinal issue her mother has but I still wouldn't want to be the stranger entering the house. It doesn't effect her bite strength any. The other 2 are wimps but when the "malawolf" gets past her puppy lack of confidence level she has massive bone structure and agility on top of it. Don't stick something in those jaws you want back. If I'm not there you'll be lucky to rip it out in pieces. Give her a little maturity and I'll feel a bit safer again. I believe the state is working on passing extra laws on the right to protect yourself so anyone who enters your property or threatens you in person has even less legal rights and ability to do anything back to you if you cause them injury.
http://s1321.beta.photobucket.com/user/takakageri/library/
Don't wonder why people go crazy. Wonder why they don't.

The following user would like to thank akane for this post
ipoGSD

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 20,281.00

Post Number:#12  Unread postby Marinea » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:21 pm

Take down the recording. Now. For your own good. Connecticut is a two party state for recordings, which means you can only legally record someone on the phone with their permission. And delete the CL post where you say you recorded her.

Now that that is said, keep a copy of it, along with any other communication- emails, texts etc. In the event you continue to be threatened, go and request a restraining order. Protect yourself.
Bird House Farm
Organic heirloom farming on a small scale

The following user would like to thank Marinea for this post
ipoGSD, Nymphadora

1 year of membership
Female

Post Number:#13  Unread postby ipoGSD » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:25 am

Ok tyvm for that info!!! It would be my luck id be the one in trouble and not her!!! Appreciate the heads up!!!!!

__________Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:25 am __________

Wow.... i had to look for myself and thats just unbelievable!!!! Why is it criminals and lunatics have more rights than others?!?!?!

Again.... thank you VERY much for informing me of this and looking out for me. you're good people!!!!

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 10,745.00

Post Number:#14  Unread postby AnnClaire » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:26 am

Castle doctrine :)
cheers - AnnClaire

The following user would like to thank AnnClaire for this post
ipoGSD

BunnyBucks: 115.00

Post Number:#15  Unread postby Kinipela » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:10 pm

Sorry this happened to you. It is probably all talk but be safe just in case. If you are to scared to post anymore ads I would like to recommend maybe getting google voice number. That way you can still get calls on cl but no one can track you on who you are. Just food for thought. :D

__________Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:10 pm __________

Sorry this happened to you. It is probably all talk but be safe just in case. If you are to scared to post anymore ads I would like to recommend maybe getting google voice number. That way you can still get calls on cl but no one can track you on who you are. Just food for thought. :D

Next